+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 3/23 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 3/23 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    I know that the mentoring and recording these kids are doing week to week help the AI machine, but I have to believe this is probably one of the best/most helpful things they can do for these kids. That has to be huge getting that type of experience for how ever many weeks they last.
    Exactly - before the mentors were basically coming in to hear them sing, give some small critiques, but this year the ongoing mentor onsite along with many various producers will help them improve faster, pick better songs, and arrange them to fit that artist! AND expose them to a variety of folks who may want to work with them again after the show.

I liken this to what Nigel has with SYTYCD, each pair working with new choreographers and styles each week...great addition! We may not see as many train wrecks this way, they aren't left out on their own.

Did someone on here mention that AI has a stylist for these performers??? If so that person should be fired. The guys are OK; basically jeans & t-shirt but the girls look like really bad 80's prom queen retro. Hey that's just my honest opinion.
    I don't mind dancing while singing but if you are going to attempt to try this at least be able to do 1 of the decently. Both done badly with the wrong hair, make-up, clothing & jewerly is just a trainwreck.
    AI has finally jumped the tank as far as I'm concerned. Simon kept the cirtiques real. These 3 are just lovefest city.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Did someone on here mention that AI has a stylist for these performers??? If so that person should be fired. The guys are OK; basically jeans & t-shirt but the girls look like really bad 80's prom queen retro. Hey that's just my honest opinion.
    I don't mind dancing while singing but if you are going to attempt to try this at least be able to do 1 of the decently. Both done badly with the wrong hair, make-up, clothing & jewelry is just a trainwreck.
    AI has finally jumped the tank as far as I'm concerned. Simon kept the critiques real. These 3 are just lovefest city.
    The love fest is too much. Simon kept it real.I saw Jennifer Hudson interviewd, and she said you need what he had to say once you are out in the real world. I think j lo is stunning, but this lovely dove fest had been too much for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    The love fest is too much. Simon kept it real.I saw Jennifer Hudson interviewd, and she said you need what he had to say once you are out in the real world. I think j lo is stunning, but this lovely dove fest had been too much for me.
    Simon kept it mean with nothing constructive to say. I am thrilled that he is no longer on the show.

Did anybody else feel really old when they heard, "My dad really loved listening to the Jackson 5."
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty View Post
    Simon kept it mean with nothing constructive to say. I am thrilled that he is no longer on the show.
    I also think that Ryan has gotten much looser this season with Simon gone. After all, Simon's constant homophobic comments toward Ryan wore very thin. So even Ryan seems to be having more fun.

Was not impressed with the other Brit featured yesterday--Chef Ramsey--Was he really insulting Stephano's mother's cooking on national TV? That was so crass.
    Last edited by ibot2much; 03-24-2011 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    It always astounds me to see "Simon kept it real." Real like, your like eating Ice for lunch. Real like I see you in every cafe in the world. Real like your a little minx aren't you. The guy was a self promoting dip stick that almost sank this show on his own.

The thing with this is that they keep telling these contestants they would buy their record in an instant. Maybe true maybe not so true. How many of these contestants that finished in 4th or 5th place have had successful careers? With the exception of Chris Daughtry...can you name anyone? They bring "fans" up on stage & fill these kids with images of careers that just won't happen. I am sorry but that is the truth. The music industry is a tough business. If one person out of this group I would be surprised.
    By the time the tour & hoopla of this season is over & the winner gets to record a cd most of their fan base is gone. When was the last time Clay Aiken or Taylor Hicks put out anything you would consider purchasing?

FORT Fogey

I think therer are more kids who have potential this season because the selections were not the cookie-cutter ones we saw in previous years. You are right that not many people---even the winners---sold enormous numbers of records. You had the preselected group of potential winners and then everybody else was cannon fodder. It is less obvious who the golden children this season are as they all have a different kind of talent.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    The thing with this is that they keep telling these contestants they would buy their record in an instant. Maybe true maybe not so true. How many of these contestants that finished in 4th or 5th place have had successful careers? With the exception of Chris Daughtry...can you name anyone? They bring "fans" up on stage & fill these kids with images of careers that just won't happen. I am sorry but that is the truth. The music industry is a tough business. If one person out of this group I would be surprised.
    By the time the tour & hoopla of this season is over & the winner gets to record a cd most of their fan base is gone. When was the last time Clay Aiken or Taylor Hicks put out anything you would consider purchasing?
    Jennifer Hudson?

Once again, didn't get to see everyone's performance, so I can't fully comment on all.
    Did see Stefano and have to agree with Jenifer. Would also have to say that while he has nice enough vocals, I don't really care for his phrasing or how he goes on so much with some of the verse. I think he's far more impressed with his voice than I am.
    I didn't care too much for Haley. I actually liked her performance of Blue a lot more. She, too, has a good range and vocals, but I am, in no way, awed by her performances.
    Pia - sorry, but I can never remember any song she's done. And, you couldn't pay me to listen to her for 2 hours.
    Scotty - he just lost me with that rendition. I just find him way too bland to be an AI.
    Paul - not sure what he does on that stage, but I find him pretty hard to watch or listen to.
    James - this guy seems to be emulating Adam and, for me, it's not even close. I love rockers, but something about him just totally turns me off.
    Naima - while not the best singer in this competition, the girl is just captivating to watch. I just love her whole vibe on the stage. She's definitely a performer and many of the others need to be reminded that stage presence is what it's about.

Heard the little clips at the end. I still find Casey totally overrated and just obnoxious. Thia seemed a bit more upbeat, but still overly bland and Disneyesque.

On another note.....What was with JLo's makeup? For a lovely woman, she sure looked like a clown. I'd fire that makeup artist STAT.
    ST always seems to say nice things about these people, yet I watch him during the performances and he looks both bored and totally disengaged. What's going on there?!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread