+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 3/23 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 3/23 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Lauren-Yo! she did her thing.
    Stefano-Ok. He tore up my fav Lionel Richie song and threw it in the trash. I did not care for his interpetation at all. He was out of key...pitchy and struggling with it. I'm not sure why. I thought it was a simple song to sing.
    Haley-Now, that's the growling, jazzy, blusey yodling girl I liked during audition week.
    Scotty-ok. I didn't care for that so much. He tried to break out of his box but...it was just...

What a show.....maybe i should blame myself because I'm waiting for a David Cook or Adam Lambert to come and save the day, but no such luck. I really can't embrace any of these folks. I think Casey is a talented musician, but for the past few weeks it feels to me like he's mugging for the camera. You know how some people are who are embarrassed/afraid of their potential? They get a little goofy and don't fully step into their power. That's what I think is happening with Casey. It's like he's not taking himself seriously. All that growling is off-putting. He's immensely talented but he's not owning it. That's too bad because he has the potential to go far. On the other hand, James owned it completely. I wouldn't be surprised if he won this thing. Paul has a unique voice and I really like his songwriting skills. I think he'll be in the top 10 and the exposure will be phenomenal for his band. Scotty desperately needs a helping hand. His herky-jerky movements need to go, along with that affected half smile and the way he holds the mic with his right hand. He had a great arrangement tonight, but his voice didn't live up to it. He could have knocked it out of the park tonight, but oh well.

For the folks who didn't see some of the earlier seasons with breathtaking performances, yes, please google them. David Cook's Hello was a turning point, as was his Billie Jean, or Always Be My Baby. Then there's Lambert's Mad World, or Tracks of My Tears. Or try Kris Allen's Heartless or Ain't no Sunshine. Bo Bice's In a Dream, Jason Castro's Over the Rainbow or Hallelujah....Plenty more of those moments. Too bad there haven't been any on season 10 yet.

Pia-Snorrrrrrre. I'm sorry. Yes, she can belt but she bores me.
    Paul--I like my cool cat.
    Naima-she waas still off key..or out of tune or something to me. She did much better this week but I didn't not like that key at all for her.
    James Durbin--ROCKED! The end was a bit off but he owned that song!

I did not like Jacob at all and who in the heck were all those people on the stage after the performance?
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    I did not like Jacob at all and who in the heck were all those people on the stage after the performance?
    Audience members

Jacob was the best of the night. Amazing performance.

I thought it was a pretty good show even though I'm not a Motown fan. I thought Casey picked a good song for his voice and liked him. Paul did better and was so happy to see him with his guitar so he wouldn't move around. I still really like Pia but if she doesn't do something other than a power ballad she'd going to lose me. Even Thia managed to try a bit more upbeat song. Naima didn't do it for me tonight. I didn't really like her voice in that song and especially not the dancing. It was odd. I didn't love James' performance tonight but apparently the judges/audience did.

At risk: Thia, Haley, and possibly Naima. Hoping that Haley goes home and if not her then Thia.

Here are the people I can remember:

Jacob-this boy can sing and this is the type of music he should be doing! Im so glad he didnt screech the whole thing--there is a time and place. Loved the last few notes!
    Casey-Interesting, but I enjoyed him more during the final audition stages when he used his bass, etc... I think he does better on his own...I wish the producers would leave him alone.
    Thia-BORING
    Pia-She can sing but shes boring. Really nothing overly special about her voice...especially the tone. If she was at the level of Mariah, Whitney et. al then she would have been discovered by now, I guarantee it. Even hot messes like Amy Winehouse found their way to the music scene..and while Ms. Winehouse is extremely talented shes not a Mariah. And please stop comparing her to Celine Dion who is freaking incredible. Seriously.
    James-Err, I dont want to like him because of his attitude during auditions but when he just sings it is beautiful. I dont know what Randy was talking about--the beginning of the song when he wasnt screeching was the best part by far.
    Naima- She really should embrace the Reggae/Rap vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf! View Post
    For the folks who didn't see some of the earlier seasons with breathtaking performances, yes, please google them. David Cook's Hello was a turning point, as was his Billie Jean, or Always Be My Baby. Then there's Lambert's Mad World, or Tracks of My Tears. Or try Kris Allen's Heartless or Ain't no Sunshine. Bo Bice's In a Dream, Jason Castro's Over the Rainbow or Hallelujah....Plenty more of those moments. Too bad there haven't been any on season 10 yet.
    I just rolled over to youtube and re-watched David Cook (yet again) doing Hello, Billie Jean and Always Be My Baby. What amazes me is that he did this--not a team of producers (with the exception of Billie Jean--apparently he only slightly modified a remix)! Incredible. He needs to be the guy helping these contestants.

I think our wow moment came with Jacob & his performance of Georgia...I dont know if we will have another one since that cocky dude tells us before every segment that we might have a "moment" if the contestant performs well or some nonsense...kinda takes away the anticipation & surprise.

I thought Stefano was the worst tonight which surprises me because I thought he was one of the best last week.

James Durbin was crazy good!

Did anyone else sing tonight? Cuz the only one I remember is James!

+ Reply to Thread