+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 3/23 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 3/23 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

James, you are NO Adam Lambert.

Steven said he nailed it but didn't mention beautiful. A first for the night.

I'm having a hard time deciding who my favorite was tonight. I actually think it was Lauren. Great Motown song and she did not over-sing it. She looked great.

I also like Scotty. Country is my favorite genre at the moment and I do think he can sell some records.

Even though I really really like Haley, I think she might be next to go. Either her, or Naima or Thia.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Stefano: HelloI do not remember David Cook's performance of this song but, then again, I don't remember much of anything about David Cook.
    Google it. You will be amazed...

FORT Fogey

At this point, I'm mostly entertained by James D. and Naima. And, I *always* seem to be on a coffee break when James comes on. You Tube doesn't cut it.

I did really like Naima's version of her song tonight. I think she could have done up the African component even more throughout the song. Her voice isn't super powerful, but it has a nice tone and she is an original.

I've not been a big Paul fan...he has seemed too cheesy and phony for my tastes until tonight. Tonight, he seemed nervous and sang without any sort of phony tones/accents etc. I felt his humility and authenticity for the first time, and it made me actually like him.

Idol Fan

10 - Naima - Amazing! She finally completely brought it, carried off, with her amazing voice not going off-key and amazing spirit! LOVED it!

11 - James D. - Lived up to producer's hopes! Phenomenal! WOW! Fantastic!

Both those 2 were beyond A++++! Amazing & loved them!

Best show in weeks! It's hard to choose a bottom 3. But I predict Thia will be going home.

Liked Paul and Jacob for the first time in weeks, and didn't dislike Lauren as much as I usually do.

"Scotty from Garner" could have used a bit more rehearsal with that song, but I liked the country spin he put on it. Did I tell you all I work in Garner? (Ha Ha -- probably told you a couple of times over by now!)

If he keeps on in the competition (which I believe he will for quite a while), one of these Wed. nights I'm going to go to the Scotty-watching party at the Garner Senior Center, and write and tell you all about it.

FORT Fogey

Amazing show tonight, loved everyone except Hayley, Stefano and Pia (boring and no emotional connection). Our new Time Warner digital phone hook up won't let us make any calls - anyone out there willing to make a few extra voting calls for us (for Thia, Naima, and Jacob?)?

FORT Fogey

what are the numbers?

Casey-he did ok. I was cooking dinner so I didn't see his entire performance.
    Thia-finally something upbeat. She did pretty good but I want to see he kick up her heels even more.
    Jacob-I listened from another room (on purpose). This is the first time I didn't cringe. He sounded much more professional but I know if I watched him I'd still be turned off by his bodily language.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    Google it. You will be amazed...
    it was a real "moment"
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    Cut this song in half and I think Thia did a good job. The second half, not so much.
    That's what I thought, as well. At least it wasn't another slow song.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread