+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 3/23 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 3/23 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Heeheehee. Let the "Durbin got the pimp spot" begin!

Idol Fan

1 - 7:

01 - Casey -Didn't like it. Also thought he had real promise as a bluesman, but his singing just doesn't stack up for me. B+ at best.

02 - Thia -She was amazing! Loved her upbeat singing, loved the vocals and youthful appearance. Very well-done. A++

03 - Jacob - LOVED him! Fantastic! Best of night, so far, for me. A+++++ Deserved all the accolades.

04 - Lauren -Her best vocal performance, imo. Only problem was she came off as hamming it up instead of actually connecting to and feeling the song she was singing. Still, her best yet. A.

05 - Stefano -LOVED his voice! Still brings a smile to my face, every time. Thought it funny he'd pick a song he never heard before, which damaged his connecting. Yet judges, who overlooked that on everyone else, going on to rave about others who didn't connect, really came down on him in that. And for some reason, loving his singing so much and personality, I have to admit I still loved him anyway and look forward to him, hopefully soon, getting how to connect. Terrific! A+++

06 - Hayley - Here we go. NO connection, terrific singing, yet I can't get into her at all. And judges once again rave. Annoying to me, with her, how much she doesn't feel the song, and just performs it. Still, terrific, really terrific, vocals. Not for me, though.

07 - Scotty - Horrible!!! Showcased the weakness in his voice when he's not doing his lowest notes, didn't like it. Judges rave and when they show him afterwards, really, really hate how much he thinks it was a "slamdunk"!!! C+

Quote Originally Posted by mom3 View Post
    Oh my... Naima is dancing! She actually sang the song pretty well and I admire her fearlessness, but something about her doesn't resonate with me.
    She tries too hard to do the ethnic thing. She's the African version of Karen. I'm sorry, but in the video they talked about how this song brought people together during the 60's. Well, it just divided them again.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I'm imagining what Simon would say about Naima's dancing.

FORT Fogey

Bellenote:
    really, really hate how much he thinks it was a "slamdunk"!!!
    I just figured poor Scotty was forced to give that line, because of his basketball shot shown earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Chacharo View Post
    I'm imagining what Simon would say about Naima's dancing.
    Probably also say something about the million bracelets she was wearing.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

FORT Fogey

James is singing TAYLOR'S SONG! I'm sorry, but Taylor OWNED "LftC" with a gritty, soulful version.
    Don't like the 'Tasia "Come on!"s.

That ending? Oh, no, James isn't trying to be Adam. No, not at all. Nope.

Living For The City by Stevie Wonder is Jame's song choice.

James--"Livin' For the City" by Stevie Wonder.

I actually like it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    She tries too hard to do the ethnic thing. She's the African version of Karen. I'm sorry, but in the video they talked about how this song brought people together during the 60's. Well, it just divided them again.
    It's Naima's interpretation, and I think it's fair and legit that she do it her way. I thought it came out very well.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread