+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 3/17 Results Show *Spoilers*

Re: 3/17 Results Show *Spoilers*

2 weeks in a row 3 ladies in the bottom. I definitely feel that Paul should have been there instead of Haley but of course I knew in my heart that there was no way that the ladies would let him be there. I haven't enjoyed any of his performances since the top 24.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Thank you! We've talked here about women not winning. Well, why Lee was singing, my reaction was "And America voted for this over Christal?" Sorry for all the Lee fans reading this, but I just found his performance bland and forgettable.

Before the season started, somebody said there will probably not be another woman Idol, because the voting demographics have shifted to teenybopper girls. Sadly, I think I agree.
    I'm not a teeny bopper but I wasn't a fan of Crystal. I thought she had a great voice and she always did a good job but I don't dig her genre. I listen to the genre that Lee sings. It's more current. I think that is why Crystal didn't win. She wasn't a bit current.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I'm not a teeny bopper but I wasn't a fan of Crystal. I thought she had a great voice and she always did a good job but I don't dig her genre. I listen to the genre that Lee sings. It's more current. I think that is why Crystal didn't win. She wasn't a bit current.
    Thank you

Haley better hit a home run or I fear third strike and she's out next week.

When do they announce next week's theme?

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    I bet both JLo and Steven wanted to keep Karen. Steven looked pretty broken up about it on the stage. I think he will crack this season before JLo.
    Steve was in Aerosmith... a band filled with debauchery and excess.... he might like some contestants, but I don't see him pulling a sob story on us. After so many years in the music biz, I htink you get a thick skin.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I'm so loving this season.

Glad Naima made it through. I find her very entertaining: loved her reggae bit in Umbrella. Loved her little dance-walk over to the safe couch. I am loving Casey, Lusky & Paul too! So many fun contestants this year.

FORT Fogey

Yes, my girl Naima made it through! Now fix those pitch problems next week, and continue to be fierce!

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    I bet both JLo and Steven wanted to keep Karen. Steven looked pretty broken up about it on the stage. I think he will crack this season before JLo.
    If that's true, then I am admiring Randy more than I ever did in past seasons. He tells the truth to the contestants, and he won't waste his save on ones that don't belong there. Kudos for toeing the line against JLo and Steven.

After the show ended, I tried to remember the contestant's names. I remembered the guys with no problem, but had to sit there and think about the girls. The only girl contestant I remembered right off the bat was Naima, and that was mainly for her hair and "dancing."

That's why I think the female massacre is going to continue for a while. The guys may not always be great, but at least they're memorable. They've carved out niches for themselves and appear comfortable with them. The girls just keep churning out generic pop songs.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Am glad to see Karen go. Although, if they had chopped 2 tonight, I would have been fine with that, too.
    Didn't see Naima's performance last night, but I actually liked her Rihanna number last week. The girl was a performer, for sure.

What was up with Fergie? She has a whole new face. Yikes.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I realized 1/2 way through tonight's show that I forgot to play the prediction game this week. I would've had it partially right, but I would've had Naimi leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Juls2 View Post
    I realized 1/2 way through tonight's show that I forgot to play the prediction game this week. I would've had it partially right, but I would've had Naimi leaving.
    I forgot to post them too but I did post it on the main Idol thread because the predictions thread was locked when I had the time which is at night. I didn't say who's leaving but I would have gotten it wrong. I couldn't decide between Naima and Karen so I just picked the one who sang first and who was voted out by America before which is Naima. I'm glad though that Karen is gone over Naima because she is too karaoke, cheesy and boring. I wish Lauren Turner or Kendra got her place instead.

+ Reply to Thread