+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: 3/17 Results Show *Spoilers*

Re: 3/17 Results Show *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I always think that the boys will generally do better to start because the voting demographic favors young woman....who generally vote for the men. I don't see a ton of guys calling and texting in their votes. I could be wrong, but it just seems like a good possibility.
    I believe that's about 90% of the reason.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Maybe this is "out there," but Steven could be emotional precisely because of the life he's led. He's a veteran now who's had a wonderful career, and now here's the younger generation dreaming of getting their chance. He seems like a genuinely nice person, not somebody who's hard-bitten by his success. I can actually believe his emotional displays more than I can JLo's. Most rockers are like overgrown children, so I bet Steven can relate to that feeling of being young and hopeful.
    Also, Steven has daughters (Liv, and the less famous Mia). If any situation is going to get him emotionally, its likely to involve a young female contestant (the ones he doesn't perv out on and talk about how hot they are, I mean).

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1 View Post
    Forgot to say, I can't believe that the other Lauren and Kendra were left out in favor of Ashton, Naima and Haley - those two were much stronger females in our house!
    Totally agree...if judges know talent at all, they will choose Kendra and Lauren T. over Ashthon and Naima. As for Haley and Karen, they were voted in by America so I'll give them credit for that. But having heard them sing, It doesn't seem they also belong in the top 13 especially Karen because she is verging on karaoke.

That being said, I really don't think that Ashthon and Naima deserved the wildcard spots that should have gone to Laurent T. and Kendra who are obviously more talented vocalists. Unfortunately, the judges/producers need to fill in the missing demographics which is the African American woman so Ashthon and Naima took their place. It is sad really.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011