+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 3/17 Results Show *Spoilers*

Re: 3/17 Results Show *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1 View Post
    Forgot to say, I can't believe that the other Lauren and Kendra were left out in favor of Ashton, Naima and Haley - those two were much stronger females in our house!
    I believe it's because they know the audience have various tastes and they want to cater to that. Personally Haley is one of my favorites and it's not only because she has great legs, I love the way she sings and performs. I'm going to be ticked when she's voted off in the next couple of weeks.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1 View Post
    Actually when we were voting by gender there were 7 girls I thought were really good, and only 4 boys (I did not like Robbie at all); when they get put together, I think the boys are more versitile artists than the girls, or the girls are just picking really ballady or boring songs. So, either have them sing head to head and the fav top 12 are picked, and not have any gender balance, or do it separate and have them all try different things?

It would be fair if the top 10 vote-getters regardless of gender are the top ten. Only females have been in the bottom 3 for two weeks in a row so I contend that there were more males as top ten actual vote getters, so, yea, there should not be a gender balance since it means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty View Post
    Personally Haley is one of my favorites and it's not only because she has great legs, I love the way she sings and performs. I'm going to be ticked when she's voted off in the next couple of weeks.
    I agree. I think she's just choosing songs that aren't right for her...that don't showcase that sultry voice. I would love to hear her do Black Velvet. I think she would kill it.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I went back and listened to the song she did last week. I thought she did a good job with that one. Much better than this week.
    I definitely agreed that she needed to stay over Karen.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Lusk was lousy in the opening act. Is my boy falling apart???
    He was off, off, off...waaayyy off.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Naima should've gone home, she's been awful for the last 3 weeks. I would've had her in the top 13.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    The fact that the girls have been in the bottom for two weeks leads me to believe that the idea of keeping the top ten gender equal was again a bad idea. Apparently the boys like Stephano and possible others who have already been dumped from the show ( lke Robbie) had higher vote totals than some of the girls. The gender equal plan doesn't work even if they slanted in favor of the girls by doing 13 people with an extra girl. America is going to continue to drop the girls with either Naima or Haley going next week and the week after. I don't see any of the boys hitting the bottom for quite some time.
    I have always thought that.

I meant to add this to my last post, but I forgot. I agree with you about dumping the girls. Unless there is some sort of major upset, I think the girls are going to get picked off like ducks over the next few weeks, and a guy will win.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    I bet both JLo and Steven wanted to keep Karen. Steven looked pretty broken up about it on the stage. I think he will crack this season before JLo.
    I doubt that Steven Tyler, who has had four decades of hard, drug-consuming living and astounding worldwide musical success would "crack" over a mediocre singer's elimination from a talent show. Tyler and J-Lo are clearly having fun on the show, but any "drama" coming from their table has been set up by the producers.

It was funny. Last week, Randy tried to get the judges to do the fake huddle with him to "decide" about the fate of the last singer, and they looked at him blankly. This week, the judges jumped into the huddle with fake nods, etc. when "deciding" Karen's fate. I believe the judges and producers pre-determine who gets the wild-card stay before the results show starts. The whole "will he or won't he stay" bit is a total act.

---
    ---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    I doubt that Steven Tyler, who has had four decades of hard, drug-consuming living and astounding worldwide musical success would "crack" over a mediocre singer's elimination from a talent show. Tyler and J-Lo are clearly having fun on the show, but any "drama" coming from their table has been set up by the producers.
    Maybe this is "out there," but Steven could be emotional precisely because of the life he's led. He's a veteran now who's had a wonderful career, and now here's the younger generation dreaming of getting their chance. He seems like a genuinely nice person, not somebody who's hard-bitten by his success. I can actually believe his emotional displays more than I can JLo's. Most rockers are like overgrown children, so I bet Steven can relate to that feeling of being young and hopeful.

It was funny. Last week, Randy tried to get the judges to do the fake huddle with him to "decide" about the fate of the last singer, and they looked at him blankly. This week, the judges jumped into the huddle with fake nods, etc. when "deciding" Karen's fate. I believe the judges and producers pre-determine who gets the wild-card stay before the results show starts. The whole "will he or won't he stay" bit is a total act.

---
    ---
    That I totally agree with.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I always think that the boys will generally do better to start because the voting demographic favors young woman....who generally vote for the men. I don't see a ton of guys calling and texting in their votes. I could be wrong, but it just seems like a good possibility.

+ Reply to Thread