+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 3/10 Results Show *Spoilers*

Re: 3/10 Results Show *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Playing Devil's Advocate here....do we really know that is all she said? Or were things edited out due to time constraints or the producers wanting a particular spin on things? We really don't know.

I think Jennifer is doing a great job but there is more funny business going on behind the scenes than usual. We have reports from people in attendance that Jordan made a comment "I was handed that song" and yet we never saw that on the televised show. Jordan was severely handicapped by given a song that did not fit him, he didn't choose that song, and yet we never saw a hint or whisper of that.

That alone tells me that there is some game playing going on and there are other examples.

As far as this group goes, I'm finding myself fascinated with Pia. I think it's her hair and not really her voice though. She has the prettiest hair, I have naturally curly hair and I've always wanted hair like hers. She comes on and I no longer hear her, I just stare mesmerized at that shiny hair lol.

James - hated him during the auditions. However. He is beginning to change my mind. If he continues to tone it down and sing as beautifully as he did this week, I may just forgive his horrible behavior during audition week.

My issue with James is that he was despicable to children much younger than him. If Jordan and Clint are going to be universally vilified for being mean to Jaycee than James should be as well as Scotty because they were also horrible during auditions.

I completely agree! It drives me crazy on all these voting shows. However, what woman is strong enough this season to win? They say they want a woman winner and then they don't put the best through? Ashthon was not better than some of the girls dropped. Neither are many of the other females (Lauren? Naima - although I love her personality).

Regarding the bolded...the dismissal was Live. No chance to Edit, that's probably why Seacrest was left hanging.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Playing Devil's Advocate here....do we really know that is all she said? Or were things edited out due to time constraints or the producers wanting a particular spin on things? We really don't know.

I think Jennifer is doing a great job but there is more funny business going on behind the scenes than usual. We have reports from people in attendance that Jordan made a comment "I was handed that song" and yet we never saw that on the televised show. Jordan was severely handicapped by given a song that did not fit him, he didn't choose that song, and yet we never saw a hint or whisper of that.

That alone tells me that there is some game playing going on and there are other examples.
    Are the results shows taped, as well? I thought they were live.

James - hated him during the auditions. However. He is beginning to change my mind. If he continues to tone it down and sing as beautifully as he did this week, I may just forgive his horrible behavior during audition week.

My issue with James is that he was despicable to children much younger than him. If Jordan and Clint are going to be universally vilified for being mean to Jaycee than James should be as well as Scotty because they were also horrible during auditions.
    I had forgotten about that, which proves the American penchant for conveniently forgetting bad behavior as long as a star dazzles us with their talent. That's why, as I said earlier, I don't think Clint and Jordan were "punished" by the voters since they voted James and Scotty through. I truly think it was down to bad performances.

I completely agree! It drives me crazy on all these voting shows. However, what woman is strong enough this season to win? They say they want a woman winner and then they don't put the best through? Ashthon was not better than some of the girls dropped. Neither are many of the other females (Lauren? Naima - although I love her personality).
    I don't vote for anybody based on their gender/sexuality/nationality. I'm straight, but I loved Adam Lambert. I have also supported various female contestants. I loved Chrystal last season, and I thought it was a crime that Allison I. didn't make the Final 2.

A while back ago, somebody talked about how, in general, the men tend to be more creative than the women with song choices/arrangements. I think it's true, although I don't why that happens. However, I support whoever has the most talent. This season, I think that's Casey/Paul/Scotty/maybe James if he keeps this up. The girls are just forgettable to me. Lib put it best: "A lot of the females, for me seem to do the same thing and I just don't find it terribly exciting."
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post

A while back ago, somebody talked about how, in general, the men tend to be more creative than the women with song choices/arrangements. I think it's true, although I don't why that happens. However, I support whoever has the most talent. This season, I think that's Casey/Paul/Scotty/maybe James if he keeps this up. The girls are just forgettable to me. Lib put it best: "A lot of the females, for me seem to do the same thing and I just don't find it terribly exciting."
    I believe Naima and Haley are very creative and are no way forgettable but Naima had to be put in as a wildcard and Haley was in the bottom 3 last week. Once again like last year the bottom 3 dominated by women and I don't believe it's because the females are less talented.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Whoever said that Jordan and James were mean to Jaycee were mislead. It was Clint and Scotty who were mean to Jaycee. However out of pity, the judges put Jaycee through the top 45 but surely his talent is really not up to par at that stage of the game. He needs his voice to mature, otherwise making top 45 is very good consolation because it means he can still come back and re-audition.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Whoever said that Jordan and James were mean to Jaycee were mislead. It was Clint and Scotty who were mean to Jaycee. However out of pity, the judges put Jaycee through the top 45 but surely his talent is really not up to par at that stage of the game. He needs his voice to mature, otherwise making top 45 is very good consolation because it means he can still come back and re-audition.
    Scotty was never mean to Jaycee. He was just upset with himself that he didn't speak up to Clint and defend Jaycee staying in the group.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty View Post
    Scotty was never mean to Jaycee. He was just upset with himself that he didn't speak up to Clint and defend Jaycee staying in the group.
    That is absolutely correct! From what they showed, the worst that Scotty did was keep his mouth shut and he was the only one to really express regret for the whole incident. I'm sure there was plenty that wasn't shown about all the folks, but we only get to judge on what they showed.

Refresh my memory again--what did Jordan and James do? I remember vaguely that one of them criticized those contestants who had their mothers' help. What about the other one?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

To the Point

I'm thinking that James was the one who had such a nasty attitude about the group of kids with their (stage) mothers and made some comments that would have been much better left unsaid. He was very intentional in eavesdropping on their rehearsal time.

Scotty was in the group with Jaycee but he was not the one who told Jaycee they wanted him out of the group. Did he agree? We have no way of knowing since he was not shown expressing any such emotion. He did not speak up when Jaycee was being forced out and he apologized for not "manning up" and standing up for Jaycee. Not sure why people have chosen to paint this situation differently than it was actually shown, but it happens all the time on message boards with these reality shows.

So far as my memory goes, Jordan was just a general jerk to anyone and everyone who approached his group about joining. He made very abrupt remarks in letting them know they weren't welcome and basically indicated that he was so far superior to everyone else that he could only allow the very best into HIS group.

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac View Post
    Based on these ages...yeah, there are a few things I'd like to hear some of them sing

Lauren-1994-either of the two top Melissa Etheridge songs from that year, "Come to My Window" or "I'm the Only One"

Pia-1988-"Seasons Change" by Expose, "Tell It To My Heart" by Taylor Dayne, "I Still Believe" by Brenda K. Starr

James-1988- "Sweet Child O Mine"-Guns N Roses

Haley-1990- "Black Velvet" Alannah Myles

I don't even particularly care for James or Haley but I think they could really kill those songs.

'American Idol' 'Year You Were Born' Song Choice Predictions

Somebody agrees with me about song choices for Haley, James, and Lauren. Can't wait to see what they sing tonight!!

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac View Post
    'American Idol' 'Year You Were Born' Song Choice Predictions

Somebody agrees with me about song choices for Haley, James, and Lauren. Can't wait to see what they sing tonight!!
    Thanks for the link. I liked how she picked The Cranberries for Thia. My, that brings back memories. My sister LOVED that group and was always listening their music. I think I can still sing "Linger," so it would be nice to hear it again.

What's up with that picture in the article? Is that an official AI pic or one that's been photoshopped? If it's official, then that's eerie what they did to Casey. Expect that one to make the rounds of the internet...

+ Reply to Thread