+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 3/10 Results Show *Spoilers*

Re: 3/10 Results Show *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    What else were they supposed to do "once America made its view known"??
    They could have used the save. Glad they didn't!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    What else were they supposed to do "once America made its view known"??
    They did the right thing by dropping her.....it's the way they announced it that was awkward. I think Jennifer strung 4 or 5 words together to make a partial sentence - something like, "It's no, baby..." and then nothing. Even Ryan was standing there waiting for something and he finally filled in the silence.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    You evidently won't like Bo anymore. His latest album is Country & he even performed at the Grand Ol Opry recently. Really & truly, his year was never contested, no one other than Carrie had any shot at winning that year.
    I don't care. I heard that he was in the hospital for quite a while, so I'm just glad he's fine and still recording.

I seem to have a penchant for rooting for the underdog--Bo, Adam, Chrystal. That's why I'm trying not to get emotionally tied to any contestant this season. I'd be happy if several contestants won this season. However, all my picks are men.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf! View Post
    They did the right thing by dropping her.....it's the way they announced it that was awkward. I think Jennifer strung 4 or 5 words together to make a partial sentence - something like, "It's no, baby..." and then nothing. Even Ryan was standing there waiting for something and he finally filled in the silence.
    I worded my post wrong. I was trying to say what you did, Luv. I didn't mind the judges not using the save. Ashton didn't deserve it, just like she should never have been picked as a WC in the first place. It was the way the judges acted, first praising her to the skies and comparing her to Diana Ross one week, then the next week...nothing. It was awkward to watch, so I can't imagine how poor Ashton or even Ryan felt. To paraphrase Capt. Hook, "Bad form, Jennifer. Bad form."
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-14-2011 at 06:39 PM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    [snipped]
    I seem to have a penchant for rooting for the underdog--Bo, Adam, Chrystal. That's why I'm trying not to get emotionally tied to any contestant this season. I'd be happy if several contestants won this season. However, all my picks are men.
    I got your post! And regarding this one, I seem to go for the underdog too! I was almost going to correct you about Crystal, and then I remembered Lee Oh well, I did vote for David C!!!

I got your post! And regarding this one, I seem to go for the underdog too! I was almost going to correct you about Crystal, and then I remembered Lee
    Yes, I know. (sigh)

Oh well, I did vote for David C!!!
    He has been the only exception from the past few seasons. I was SO happy when he won. I don't remember anybody from Seasons 5 and 6 that I particularly cared for. In fact, I remember people saying that AI had jumped the shark in that latter season.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    That's why I'm trying not to get emotionally tied to any contestant this season. I'd be happy if several contestants won this season. However, all my picks are men.
    Same here, because when they get voted off I am so disappointed. I like several contestants this season and yes they are also all men.

FORT Fogey

My issue was with JLo's use of the word "baby". Not now "baby". I'm sorry "baby".

Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Same here, because when they get voted off I am so disappointed. I like several contestants this season and yes they are also all men.
    It's women never supporting other women & voting endlessly for men that have caused 3 similar winners n a row. And, most likely a 4th, regardless of how talented the females are.

Playing Devil's Advocate here....do we really know that is all she said? Or were things edited out due to time constraints or the producers wanting a particular spin on things? We really don't know.

I think Jennifer is doing a great job but there is more funny business going on behind the scenes than usual. We have reports from people in attendance that Jordan made a comment "I was handed that song" and yet we never saw that on the televised show. Jordan was severely handicapped by given a song that did not fit him, he didn't choose that song, and yet we never saw a hint or whisper of that.

That alone tells me that there is some game playing going on and there are other examples.

As far as this group goes, I'm finding myself fascinated with Pia. I think it's her hair and not really her voice though. She has the prettiest hair, I have naturally curly hair and I've always wanted hair like hers. She comes on and I no longer hear her, I just stare mesmerized at that shiny hair lol.

James - hated him during the auditions. However. He is beginning to change my mind. If he continues to tone it down and sing as beautifully as he did this week, I may just forgive his horrible behavior during audition week.

My issue with James is that he was despicable to children much younger than him. If Jordan and Clint are going to be universally vilified for being mean to Jaycee than James should be as well as Scotty because they were also horrible during auditions.

It's women never supporting other women & voting endlessly for men that have caused 3 similar winners n a row. And, most likely a 4th, regardless of how talented the females are.
    I completely agree! It drives me crazy on all these voting shows. However, what woman is strong enough this season to win? They say they want a woman winner and then they don't put the best through? Ashthon was not better than some of the girls dropped. Neither are many of the other females (Lauren? Naima - although I love her personality).
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I did vote for Crystal last season, often. Perhaps it comes down to a more personal taste for me. I don't do diva tunes, I prefer a more rocker edge to music. Alot of the females, for me seem to do the same thing and I just don't find it terribly exciting. Now I like Naima, alot. She is trying somehting differnet. I loved Lauren T. and probably would throw alot of support behind her. I loved Allison I. and threw votes her way. So its more personal preference for me.

+ Reply to Thread