+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 3/10 Results Show *Spoilers*

Re: 3/10 Results Show *Spoilers*

I might get on board if she did this... I HATE power ballads and therefore am not a Pia fan yet. I also think she's straining too much on the power ballads and eventually one of the judges is going to notice.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by french dip View Post

I'd really love to see and hear Bo Bice (heard him being played in Kmart tonight ) and Josh Gracin and Elliot Yamin instead of random top 40 artists like BEP or that Diddy Whackadoodle.
    I so agree. I always thought they should bring back more past contestants to sing instead of some has been plugging a new album. I know we had Adam, but there are ALOT of past contestants I really want to see again. Bo!!!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I might get on board if she did this... I HATE power ballads and therefore am not a Pia fan yet. I also think she's straining too much on the power ballads and eventually one of the judges is going to notice.
    Idol needs a Simon. Hopefully next year, Randy quits and we can have Pierce Morgan or Harry Connick Jr. to replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Idol needs a Simon. Hopefully next year, Randy quits and we can have Pierce Morgan or Harry Connick Jr. to replace him.
    I honestly don't think I'll ever understand that sentiment. This show is so much better without that nasty Brit & his attitude & would go backwards with someone of his ilk.

I'm with all of you who would prefer to see past contestants than random (rarely that good) artists. Elliot Yamin, JHud, Crystal B., Melinda D., ...even Sanjaya or Constantine would be more of a hoot than P.Diddy Dirty Doody.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakee View Post
    Does anyone know which of these contestants plays an instrument? Casey, Paul .. who else?
    Scotty
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Originally Posted by jammyjoe

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I honestly don't think I'll ever understand that sentiment. This show is so much better without that nasty Brit & his attitude & would go backwards with someone of his ilk.

I'm one of the ones who misses Simon. Not all of his meanness, but his blunt honesty. It might not have sounded pretty, but it was the truth. He certainly wouldn't have used a Diana Ross reference with Ashton, or Michael Jackson reference with Thia He would have told those folks which one deserved to sing on a cruise ship, and which one was destined for the karaoke mike at the local Holiday Inn. Does that sound mean? I don't think so, because I'm making the same comparisons at home (maybe I'm the mean one. ) I didn't like when he made fun of contestants' physical features, but if they're belting out a song off key, I really don't want to hear the judges gush and coo. It's off key and this is a singing competition. (I don't care for Taylor Swift for that very reason - she might be a good songwriter, but has one of the poorest voices in the business) He was even honest about Carrie's wooden stiffness on stage - and she took that and improved her stage presence.

I really think the judges need to step it up. Even Jennifer's comments to Ashton when she didn't get the save were pitiful. Did she even say 5 words? Ryan was left holding the bag. I guess this is a sore spot with me because these people are getting paid such big $$ and getting a chance to breathe new life into their careers, and yet they can't speak effectively from that judges box. Sad.

I don't mean to offend anyone....but I'm really missing an edge to the show this season. The last 2 shows were

I agree that someone needs to set those judges down and say, "You need to be honest! Give constructive criticism!". Not every song is wonderful. Most notably - the ones who are off key. Tell them! And yes, Jennifer, it does matter! Suggest to them that what they might do the next week instead of just "stay in your lane". And if the new artistic director is responsible for a tempo change that didn't work or any other suggestion that screws over the singer, then that needs to be addressed, too.
    Count your blessings!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    P.Diddy Dirty Doody.

Yes, I'm 12!
    Last edited by Eastcoastmom; 03-12-2011 at 04:02 PM.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I don't miss Simon in the least. I agree that there should be constructive criticism because how else are the contestants going to learn and grow. I'm reminded of Paula who tried so hard to be sweet and would always fall back on her comments of "you look gorgeous." How is that helpful? Simon wasn't afraid to be blunt and tell them they stunk to high heavens. I think they need to get an honest critique but there is a way to do it so as to not crush their spirit. Simon was the only "non-musician" on the panel yet he seemed to be able to discern when they were 'off' for whatever reason. Since all 3 on the panel are either singers or musicians they should be able to tell the contestants when they are flat, sharp, off tempo or whatever. And they need to stop with the changing it up nonsense. Some times I feel for these kids b/c they get such conflicting advice. No, you don't need to change a classic song... but you didn't change it up and sang it just like the original. Ugh-- no wonder these kids are confused!

+ Reply to Thread