+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 3/10 Results Show *Spoilers*

Re: 3/10 Results Show *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac View Post
    Lauren-1994-either of the two top Melissa Etheridge songs from that year, "Come to My Window" or "I'm the Only One"

Pia-1988-"Seasons Change" by Expose, "Tell It To My Heart" by Taylor Dayne, "I Still Believe" by Brenda K. Starr

James-1988- "Sweet Child O Mine"-Guns N Roses

Haley-1990- "Black Velvet" Alannah Myles

I don't even particularly care for James or Haley but I think they could really kill those songs.
    Now I really feel old, Sweet Child 1988???
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Regular

Based on these ages...yeah, there are a few things I'd like to hear some of them sing

That would be an excellent choice given her vocal tone.

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv View Post
    Actually, Daughtry IS in the opening. I think Jennifer Hudson is as well. During Hollywood week I counted at least three non-winners in and amongst the winners. I keep meaning to do a frame-by-frame and see who is in there.
    I remember at the beginning of the season, somebody pointed out that these three were in the opening credits. I don't necessarily mind that; everybody knows now that winning Idol is a recipe for obscurity. Ask a random person what do they think when they hear "AI" and they'll probably say one of these three. Ask for an Idol winner and they'll say Clarkson, Underwood, and maybe Cook. Three out of nine for name recognition is not that great of a record.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Now I really feel old, Sweet Child 1988???
    Same here!

And was Casey really not the in the Ford video? I thought he was. Or I could be getting mixed up with the video of him and the others playing in the mansion. I think the Ford commercials are ridiculous, so I don't pay attention to them.

Reading the recap reminded me:

Today I saw the "Umbrella" video by Rihanna. I have to admit, the choreography was good. However, the song itself did nothing for me. I stand by what I said earlier: I wouldn't pay money for this.
    Last edited by Babbred; 03-11-2011 at 06:02 PM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I didn't think Adam sounded good at ALL in that performance last night, the song was all soft and slow and then he suddenly went into that weird misplaced wailing in the middle, and then went soft again? His voice didn't sound all that good either, I've heard him sound much better in the past. I think James Durbin outsang him Wednesday!

FORT Fogey

James was born in 1989, not 1988.

Does anyone know which of these contestants plays an instrument? Casey, Paul .. who else?

ETA: I'd like to hear James sing some Guns and Roses
    Last edited by Babycakee; 03-11-2011 at 09:58 PM.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I remember at the beginning of the season, somebody pointed out that these three were in the opening credits. I don't necessarily mind that; everybody knows now that winning Idol is a recipe for obscurity. Ask a random person what do they think when they hear "AI" and they'll probably say one of these three. Ask for an Idol winner and they'll say Clarkson, Underwood, and maybe Cook. Three out of nine for name recognition is not that great of a record.
    Then they should have been doing it from the start because Clay Aiken was a bigger name than Ruben ever was and his picture was never shown in any montage. He's done tv shows, guest hosting gigs, Broadway (he should stay there...he was fantastic in Spamalot), numerous sold-out tours...you name it. Then he got weird and decided to have a surrogate baby with his 50 year old producer.....that was the final nail in the coffin for me (along with other more personal reasons).

ANYWAY...he was a wild card pick that was never in the bottom 3 and probably was the real winner of season 2...but you know how that goes....busy phone lines, power outages, etc....

I guess I just don't like inconsistency. But we're talking Idol here, so.....

I'd really love to see and hear Bo Bice (heard him being played in Kmart tonight ) and Josh Gracin and Elliot Yamin instead of random top 40 artists like BEP or that Diddy Whackadoodle.

We need a theme for hair band songs. I bet Steven will love it.

Based on these ages...yeah, there are a few things I'd like to hear some of them sing

Lauren-1994-either of the two top Melissa Etheridge songs from that year, "Come to My Window" or "I'm the Only One"

Pia-1988-"Seasons Change" by Expose, "Tell It To My Heart" by Taylor Dayne, "I Still Believe" by Brenda K. Starr

James-1988- "Sweet Child O Mine"-Guns N Roses

I don't even particularly care for James or Haley but I think they could really kill those songs.
    Hmmm... what if Pia did "Sweet Child O Mine" instead? It would be a nice change from the two ballads she has done. And if she kills it, it just puts her one step closer to being the top girl.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread