+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 3/10 Results Show *Spoilers*

Re: 3/10 Results Show *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Songs I will remember the first day I heard them! Yikes!
    Exactly!! Looking forward to what Naima and Paul come up with....that's the year I got married! LOL

(Psst...Paul...would love to hear you sing the Honeydrippers' "Sea of Love")

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I'm guessing they've given up all pretense that this is about the contestants and all about selling products and giving has-been artists a chance to be seen.

Frankly, I'd rather go back to a half hour show, forget the guest appearances (I rarely watch them anyway) and just do it the way they used to.

Last night's results were SO weird - the way the led the first 3 to believe all 3 were safe...EXCEPT... then the rest were just told they were safe? No emotion? No reaction? GO BACK TO the half hour show - we do NOT need this to be a variety show with current artists performing!! If they bring back only Idol contestants who are in the biz that's one thing, but I do not watch the other people.

FORT Fogey

I agree that the timing was so off....and Ryan never does that. It was almost uncomfortable that he did such a double take on both group. And then to totaly ignore the rest of the group. It was just terrible. So Diddy re-invented himself yet again because I couldn't figure out who Diddy-Dirty Money was. I had to see his picture on the background to totally get that . One of the girls must have been a girl from Danity Kane...maybe Dawn. He dumped the group and had her come back for the new Diddy show. I thought the whole thing was terrible.

Adam on the other hand, was great. Loved that he did not costume himself......

Quote Originally Posted by french dip View Post
    Thanks...I'll have to look again.

Someone upthread mentioned the ages of the contestants. Suprisingly only 3 are teenagers.

2 @ 16 yrs -Thia and Lauren
    1 @ 17 yrs -Scotty
    2 @ 20 yrs -Casey and Haley (I thought she was younger)
    2 @ 21 yrs -Karen and Stefano
    2 @ 22 yrs -Pia and James
    1 @ 23 yrs -Jacob
    1 @ 24 yrs -Ashton (I really thought she was younger)
    2 @ 26 yrs -Naima and Paul
    Based on these ages...yeah, there are a few things I'd like to hear some of them sing

Lauren-1994-either of the two top Melissa Etheridge songs from that year, "Come to My Window" or "I'm the Only One"

Pia-1988-"Seasons Change" by Expose, "Tell It To My Heart" by Taylor Dayne, "I Still Believe" by Brenda K. Starr

James-1988- "Sweet Child O Mine"-Guns N Roses

Haley-1990- "Black Velvet" Alannah Myles

I don't even particularly care for James or Haley but I think they could really kill those songs.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Ashton going home was the right thing. I felt like she was being shoved down our throats.... baby Diana Ross..... and she just wasn't very good. So much for that WC pick!
    Shove down our throats? Oh you mean like Jasmine Murray? 2nd time they did it to America why don't they just let us choose our wildcards? They know it doesn't work and they still keep doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by french dip View Post
    Was suprised to see Adam's picture in the montage at the beginning of the show. Excuse me, was this on there before and I missed it and when exactly did he win?? I never saw Clay Aiken's picture or Chris Daughtry's or Bo Bices's.
    Take it off of the montage, AI.....he didn't WIN.
    Actually, Daughtry IS in the opening. I think Jennifer Hudson is as well. During Hollywood week I counted at least three non-winners in and amongst the winners. I keep meaning to do a frame-by-frame and see who is in there.

I only watched for first time Wed. night.
    Can anyone tell me how the top 10 were picked? Was it by audience vote or judge's?

Thanks
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv View Post
    Actually, Daughtry IS in the opening. I think Jennifer Hudson is as well. During Hollywood week I counted at least three non-winners in and amongst the winners. I keep meaning to do a frame-by-frame and see who is in there.
    I hope you can do that. I saw Adam's face jump out right off and later heard that Chris and Jennifer were there but I have not been able to spot either of them because it goes so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I hope you can do that. I saw Adam's face jump out right off and later heard that Chris and Jennifer were there but I have not been able to spot either of them because it goes so fast.
    I still haven't seen them. I'll look closer next time.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Evidently he went in pretty early. He wasn't in the Ford Video.
    OMG - there was a Ford commercial? I watched the whole show and didn't see it. I must have thought it was a regular commercial and went to the kitchen for a snack. I'll have to try to find it on youtube.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread