+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Songs for 3/9 ***Spoilers***

Songs for 3/9 ***Spoilers***

Is this the right place to put this thread? I wasn't sure.

I was just wondering if anybody had any heads-up about the songs for tomorrow.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Re: Songs for 3/9 ***Spoilers***

Songs & Performance Order.

Any Man Of Mine - Lauren Alaina Shania
    With A Little Help From My Friends - Casey The Beatles
    When You Tell Me That You Love Me - Ashthon Diana Ross
    Come Pick Me Up - Paul Ryan Adams
    All By Myself - Pia Celiene Dion
    Maybe I'm Amazed - James Paul McCartney
    Blue - Haley LeAnn Rimes
    I Believe I Can Fly - Jacob - R. Kelly
    Smile - Thia Michael Jackson
    Lately - Stefano Stevie Wonder
    I Could Fall IN Love - Karen Selena
    The River Scotty Garth Brooks
    Umbrella Naima Rhianna

Oh my gawd....these song choices are so predictable! I think I'm going to miss theme week.

Any Man Of Mine - Lauren Alaina - *gets violently sick* I can't stand Shania's songs. The thing with her songs is that they are written for her limited abilities and rarely do we hear anybody doing a good cover of her songs. Good luck Lauren, you will need it.

When You Tell Me That You Love Me - Ashton - oh good lord, so Randy? says she is a Diana Ross light...so of course she chooses one of her songs. Blergh. Please be the first booted off.

Maybe I'm Amazed - James - awesome, does this mean we get to be assaulted by misplaced screeching during a Paul McCartney song?

I Could Fall IN Love - Karen Selena - YAY! More spanglish! I am not looking forward to the fallout from this choice.

I am not at all thrilled by any of these choices, they seem safe and boring. I can already hear them singing each of the songs, there will be no AH-HA moment (a la Cookie & Billie Jean) or any mind blowing surprises (Lambert & Mad World, Ring of Fire).

Boooo!
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 03-09-2011 at 09:28 AM.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I can not believe they have Lauren going first and gave the pimp spot to Naima. WTF?

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Currently unable to watch Idol, thanks to the on-going disagreement between LIN Media and Dish Network (can't switch - only 4 months into my contract!)

It's almost a blessing given that set list.

While I would look forward to hearing what Casey is gonna do with "Friends", the rest of the list (except perhaps for Paul and Ashton) sounds awful. Paul and Ashton songs are relatively unknown by comparison.

Jacob and "Fly" would get my award for most dreaded performance.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

After years of watching Ai, there is no way I can say that any particular performance will be great or horrid based on song choice.... too many variables and we have seen them all.

If I HAD to predict, I do not look forward to Lauren. I hated the song when Shania did it, but the look at how cute and sexy act that Lauren at 16 has been performing is wearing very thin....and this song should put it right over the top for me.,

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

According to somebody who supposedly was at the taping (shared on Joe’s Place), the following did great: James, Scotty, Casey, Pia, and Stefano.

The worst comments seemed to be for Thia and Naima. The rest fell in the middle somewhere.

The theme this week is song's by the contestant's musical idols, so this list totally makes sense to me.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Somehow I doubt that Ashton's idol is Diana Ross and only became her idol once Randy said she reminded him of Ms. Supreme.
    Same with Thia. Didn't one of the judges say her voice was smooth like Michael Jackson's or something to that effect??

I've heard of Ryan Adams, but can't name any of his songs.

Go Stefano, Scotty and Casey!!

Got my ear plugs ready for Jacob and the overdone R Kelly.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    According to somebody who supposedly was at the taping (shared on Joe’s Place), the following did great: James, Scotty, Casey, Pia, and Stefano.

The worst comments seemed to be for Thia and Naima. The rest fell in the middle somewhere.
    This makes me happy. I love Pia, Casey, and Scotty. I wish it were said that Lauren and Paul had done well too.

I'm glad Thia/Naima didn't do well. I'm not a fan of either.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast