+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Songs for 3/9 ***Spoilers***

Re: Songs for 3/9 ***Spoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    If I HAD to predict, I do not look forward to Lauren. I hated the song when Shania did it, but the look at how cute and sexy act that Lauren at 16 has been performing is wearing very thin....and this song should put it right over the top for me.,
    I don't mind Shania songs - when Shania does them - but haven't heard too many good covers. But, if the theme is songs by their Idols - then Shania is Lauren's idol?? That's what she aspires to?? Kinda sad.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I wouldn't have known Lauren was a country aspirant from her auditions and Hollywood week, but the last show and now this show she is showing country all the way. Personally, I think her range would work better with pop. Both the 16 year olds (Lauren and Scotty) want to sing country. I've noticed they hang out together - maybe we'll get another duet that doesn't involve a British red phone box.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I don't mind Shania songs - when Shania does them - but haven't heard too many good covers. But, if the theme is songs by their Idols - then Shania is Lauren's idol?? That's what she aspires to?? Kinda sad.
    Shania has had an incredible career. To criticize someone for wanting the same type of career is just plain not seeing the forest for the trees.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Shania has had an incredible career. To criticize someone for wanting the same type of career is just plain not seeing the forest for the trees.
    I'm not critizing her for wanting the same type of career. I just think there are better singers out there to emulate, especially at age 16. I actually like Shania, so no criticism of her was intended either.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Actually in an interview of all this years contestants just released today , Lauren's Idols are Carrie, Miranda Lambert, Martina McBride & Reba. She is country through & through.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Actually in an interview of all this years contestants just released today , Lauren's Idols are Carrie, Miranda Lambert, Martina McBride & Reba. She is country through & through.
    I so do not blame her for taking on Carrie. Miranda's really on fire right now, so I don't think I'd go that route either. She sang Reba last week. I think Lauren made a good choice. Something fun and upbeat. Why not do what you do best while you're still allowed the chance? Same with Scotty, Pia, Casey. I've never heard the Ryan Adams song so I can't compare Paul's style with that one.

I Could Fall In Love - Karen Selena
    Gee, I didn't see THAT one coming. Bleah.

I agree with the majority, that is one boring list.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I'm looking forward to James. One of my fave songs, and I hear it will be great!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac View Post
    I so do not blame her for taking on Carrie. Miranda's really on fire right now, so I don't think I'd go that route either. She sang Reba last week. I think Lauren made a good choice. Something fun and upbeat. Why not do what you do best while you're still allowed the chance? Same with Scotty, Pia, Casey. I've never heard the Ryan Adams song so I can't compare Paul's style with that one.

I meant NOT taking on Carrie. Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Gee, I didn't see THAT one coming. Bleah.

I agree with the majority, that is one boring list.
    I called it in my recap. She's so gonna crash and burn.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast