+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 3/3 Results Show *Spoilers*

Re: 3/3 Results Show *Spoilers*

I wonder if one of those three wild card picks had the highest number of votes among those not in the top ten as I heard rumors said person would be picked?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

I didn't see the judges "pretending" tht they needed more time as any kind of bad acting......Ryan already said that we would see the video so that was the time for it.

FORT Regular

Aww........that was an emotional elimination show. I feel for all the kids who didn't make the top 13 but generally happy with the Top 13. I just wished that Lauren T. made it instead of Karen R - there's something about Karen I don't like, esp. after her comment last night about Latina being back or something to that effect. Who cares!! it's not about the race, it's about singing. At any rate, it will be a good comp.

BTW, as much as the showing of JLo's video was planned, I actually liked the video and that's coming from someone who does not like JLo's music.

Robbie and Lauren T. were robbed! I would have preferred Lauren T. over Haley or Karen. She should have made top 5 or at least given the chance to sing for WC. I prefer Robbie over Stefano. We do not need another screamer, the boys are lacking a crooner.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Well as long as I gots me some Casey Abhrams it's all good. He's my favourite this season by a landslide.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I'm satisfied with the top 13. Not exactly who I would have chosen, but good, solid talent and several that will make useful cannon fodder while the others jostle for the cream position (mixed metaphors anyone? ) I hope Loewenstern gets picked up to be a commentator somewhere like past Idol cast-offs have been. He didn't have the strongest voice, but he's so darned entertaining and memorable. I really liked Robbie going in, but both Tuesday and last night, I thought his songs were wobbly and inconsistant. Poor Clint looked like he took a laxative right before going on air.
    Does anyone else think each judge got one wildcard pick but they just didn't present it that way? Past years, judges have had to "defend" their choices when they start to tank.
    Somewhere, a darling boy with the voice of an angel is chuckling in vindication (I'm talking to you, Clint and James)
    I DO think so. But any way you look at it, Ashthon, Stefano and Naima were going to be in it.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Regular

Usually I am suspicious about motives, as many of you mentioned in above posts. But maybe once in a while, the judges actually pick they people theythink are good performers. Does it always have to be monetary manipulation that guides everything?
    There were so many good singers to choose from. And it's too bad that some of the top 24 suffered from apparent stage fright (Robby particularly) and didn't make it to the final group. A week ago those people were on top of the world and now it's over.....
    I, too, like the fact that now Randy is actually the respected judge. If you think about it, Randy probably had more musical knowledge than Simon did. I even like JLo this year, and I have never been a fan of hers. And I love the fact that you never know if Steven will sing, holler, curse, or WHAT.
    Gonna be an interesting season!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am still shocked that Robbie didn't get into the final 13. His singing, last night, was outstanding by comparison to some of the super-mediocre others. I think Ashton will bring huge talent to the competition, and I am a Naima fan. I will miss Carrot Top's beautiful hair. He looked like he had a really good time!

I liked JLo's music last night, but I didn't watch the video that accompanied it. I'm more interested in the music than the productions/wardrobes that surround it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf! View Post
    Ugh.......terrible acting. I was watching that little exchange thinking, "they really think we're gonna fall for that!" Everyone knew they were going to show Jennifer's video, so just go and show Jennifer's video. Don't pretend you're not done making your decision.
    Yep, terrible acting. It was funny when Randy tried to engage Steven and Jennifer in a fake "huddle" before announcing the last wildcard pick. Randy leaned into Jennifer and gestured his arm toward Steven, but they did not pick up on his cue and just stared blankely at him. Randy recovered and quickly announced the last wildcard pick. Last year, during the "sing for your life" performances for the one "saved" wildcard spot, it was ridiculous when the four judges leaned in together as if they were deciding the matter right then. I'm certain these choices are made before the show begins.
    ----
    -----
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

I'm sorry to see Ashton get picked. Wow, her shouting is painful to hear. There's no grace to her performance. One the other hand, Lauren Turner knows how to sing loudly with some meaning.

Regarding Naima: I adore her look and muscial choices but don't enjoy her singing. Can anybody help me figure out why? Is her timing off? Her phrasing? Some tonal problem?
    -----
    ------
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

+ Reply to Thread