+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: 3/2 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Regular

Re: 3/2 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Definitely enjoyed the girls' performances more than the boys' last night. It will be difficult to winnow it down to 5 out of the 12. I'm wondering why they are not starting with the top 24 and voting down to top 12 like they usually do. Off hand I can say that I think Rachel should go-- that was g-d awful with her trying to vamp it up or sumthin' and I didn't know the song. No, no, no to Ta-Tanisha, just no. It's so obvious how this is the year for a girl winner and the judges are trying to steer the viewers to certain types. Ashton is a pretty lady and looks the total part of the diva but that song was rough. Obviously the judges lapped it up and told her she was the diva, but in a good way. Lauren Alaina- ugh- what a tart! And she's only 16? Way too much makeup and suggestive moves. Gosh, I feel old. But I don't know why they love her so much. I'm not hearing what they are hearing.

Bring back Melinda Doolittle and Elliott Yamin-- THOSE were singers! Amen!
    I am glad I am not the only one feeling that way about Lauren Alaina. The girl definitely has the chops but I just don't like her stage presence and how she dresses overall. She's only 16 after all. She's way too precocious and cutesy for me. My faves last night: Thia, Pia and Hayley.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    To be honest with you, last night I thought I had mistakenly turned on a really bad episode of Toddlers & Tiaras last night.
    The outfits...oy vey.
    Is Randy the new Simon? Steven loves everyone & JLo...some of you liked what she wore??? Seriously??? I thought it was cute don't get me wrong but on someone 15 years younger.
    What I find disturbing & trust me I am not being prudish here, if the producers are so concerned about Steven dropping the F-Bomb on live TV that they needed to supply a prop so you can't see his mouth...what about the kids sitting in the audience?
    I also have a question that I have been wondering about with this show for years. How can these families uproot themselves for 3-4 months so they can support their competing family members? Who is paying their bills?
    My thoughts exactly.

I know in the past the families would fly out on Monday eve. or Tuesday and back home after taping on Wednesday. Some, I know, had "fund raisers" to raise money for their flights and hotel expenses.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    To be honest with you, last night I thought I had mistakenly turned on a really bad episode of Toddlers & Tiaras.
    SO TRUE!!!

Did anybody but me think that Karen Rodriguez's styling made her look like both a prom queen AND a washed-up lounge act?

Also, I have to say that Ta-Tynisa's song was one of the most annoyingly repetitive pieces of music ever written. She hit the chorus, what, three or four times in the span of two minutes? Sheesh.

I think Krom nailed it again in regards to who stays and goes. But I also think the guys have way, WAY more personality this season.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

I voted a lot for Naima because I think she might be one of the ones on the bubble but imo she is really really good and has a lot of soul but she didn't pick a good song and performed it all wrong. I want to see what else she will bring to the table, she just needs some time to stop worrying about everything being what she thinks the judges want and just be her own artist. In a way, I wish the first night was just a trial run sort of thing so they can get out jitters and nerves over performing on the show, they are almost always (there are some exceptions of course) better on their next performances then the first. I also want to say I disagree with Pia's voice showing flaws, I thought she knocked that song out of the park esp the last couple of lines where she showed what she was really made of, even Ashton had her hands covering her mouth in shock that Pia had that in her She's a long way away from having it in the bag though, she will have to show more personality and versatility in the coming weeks to have a real chance

FORT Fogey

Did anybody else notice who was the singer for whom the other girls did not applaud very enthusiastically? They always flashed to the seats and we saw the reactions of the other girls and there was ONE singer for who there was minimnal applause and NOBODY standing. I didn't pick up of it until later and then forgot who it was.

I dunno, I don't get the love for Pia's performance last night. It was a skilled effort, but it bored me.

My favorite females are Thia and Lauren Taylor. Each brings a lot of personality, control and energy to her perfomance.
    ---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Did anybody else notice who was the singer for whom the other girls did not applaud very enthusiastically? They always flashed to the seats and we saw the reactions of the other girls and there was ONE singer for who there was minimnal applause and NOBODY standing. I didn't pick up of it until later and then forgot who it was.
    With editing, you never know. Could have been going to a break for all we know.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Madison_2008 View Post
    I voted a lot for Naima because I think she might be one of the ones on the bubble but imo she is really really good and has a lot of soul but she didn't pick a good song and performed it all wrong. I want to see what else she will bring to the table, she just needs some time to stop worrying about everything being what she thinks the judges want and just be her own artist. In a way, I wish the first night was just a trial run sort of thing so they can get out jitters and nerves over performing on the show, they are almost always (there are some exceptions of course) better on their next performances then the first. I also want to say I disagree with Pia's voice showing flaws, I thought she knocked that song out of the park esp the last couple of lines where she showed what she was really made of, even Ashton had her hands covering her mouth in shock that Pia had that in her She's a long way away from having it in the bag though, she will have to show more personality and versatility in the coming weeks to have a real chance
    I like this voting strategy. I use it myself. I don't always vote for who did the best. I vote to keep people in the competition. I think Naima picked that song for personal reasons instead of competitive reasons.

Julie Zorilla was my favorite going into the evening, but she didn't do very well last night. However, when the judges put her through to Hollywood they mumbled that she could be the winner and they keep showing that clip so I'm wondering if she will get put through just so the judges look good...

I have to say that was one of the more boring Idol shows I've seen in a long time. Are we in for a season of boring power ballads? I hope not! Most of the girls I couldn't even remember this morning when I was trying to figure out who the top 5 might be. Most of them I can't even put a face / song choice with the name. They all seem to blend together with very similar styles.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

+ Reply to Thread