+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: DialIdol/Vote For the Worst Season 10 *possible spoilers*

DialIdol/Vote For the Worst Season 10 *possible spoilers*

So with the YEARS overdue Online Voting option, it seems to me like DialIdol's last shred of relevance is gone.

On the VFTW side... they've (accurately in IMO) already picked Brett Loewenstern as the one tragically bad performer who's mysteriously being pimped by the show. I suspect if Brett doesn't get one of the slim 5 out 12 spots from America that the stupid judges could pick him, but then again if Uncle Nigel's spies are looking at VFTW the show might move to keeping (the much more talented) Paul McDonald (who I think WON'T get a public vote, even though he's good). So VFTW may have Brett to hold onto for a bit, but maybe not. At SOME point Jacob's impressive singing may start to seem cartoonish, and given how VFTW picks, I suppose he may get a nod. Or maybe VFTW will eventually pick on Scotty McCreery. But Brett seems the obvious choice for now, yes?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: DialIdol/Vote For the Worst Season 10 *possible spoilers*

I guess the lack of responses is an indicator of how people feel about DialIdol's relevance this year! They weren't doing so hot last year, if I remember correctly, and this year should be worse. I still can't help looking to see what results they came up with.

I REALLY hope they are wrong for last night. Ta-tynisa has an overwhelming lead over the 2nd highest score, which is Julie Zorilla! It would really be a crime for either of those 2 to make the top 12. More of a crime for Ta-tynisa. I thought VFTW was getting stronger, but even if they do have any power, they want Rachel.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I guess the lack of responses is an indicator of how people feel about DialIdol's relevance this year! They weren't doing so hot last year, if I remember correctly, and this year should be worse. I still can't help looking to see what results they came up with.

I REALLY hope they are wrong for last night. Ta-tynisa has an overwhelming lead over the 2nd highest score, which is Julie Zorilla! It would really be a crime for either of those 2 to make the top 12. More of a crime for Ta-tynisa. I thought VFTW was getting stronger, but even if they do have any power, they want Rachel.
    DialIdol is definitely broken if Julie Zzzzzzz and Miss TaTas, two of the three worst (along with Rachel) are "on top".

Oddly enough I kind of think their Male results are close to right though, although Scotty is not going to be higher than Jacob and James though, but rather probably #3.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    DialIdol is definitely broken if Julie Zzzzzzz and Miss TaTas, two of the three worst (along with Rachel) are "on top".

Oddly enough I kind of think their Male results are close to right though, although Scotty is not going to be higher than Jacob and James though, but rather probably #3.

Funny, but if you take a look at the raw numbers rather than the scores and percentages on that site it's pretty interesting. Except for Ashthon and Stefano who were picked by the judges they nailed it.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

The dial/idol scores are in for last night. No real surprises here, except perhaps for Jacob. I love him, but last night was not his best performance:

Scotty McCreery
    Jacob Lusk
    Casey Abrams
    Pia Toscano
    Haley Reinhart
    James Durbin
    Naima Adedapo
    Lauren Alaina
    Thia Megia
    Paul McDonald
    Stephano
    -
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    The dial/idol scores are in for last night. No real surprises here, except perhaps for Jacob. I love him, but last night was not his best performance:

Scotty McCreery
    Jacob Lusk
    Casey Abrams
    Pia Toscano
    Haley Reinhart
    James Durbin
    Naima Adedapo
    Lauren Alaina
    Thia Megia
    Paul McDonald
    Stephano
    -

Pillbeam you just about gave me a heart attack! I don't want Paul to leave, not just yet.

Looking at the raw numbers it is quite different to the scoring:

Casey
    James
    Stefano
    Lauren
    Pia
    Scotty
    Haley
    Paul
    Thia
    Naima
    Jacob

I've never understood how this site works so maybe others can comment on that. All I can hope for is that this list is more accurate in regards to Paul.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

VFTW's pick of Paul has been been standing strong so far... but I never understood why they picked him in the first place. Paul is a fairly popular contestant who's garnerning votes on his own accord and not because of possiblities of a trainwreck (a la Sanjaya). While I liked her, I think Naima would have been the more obvious pick in prior weeks.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard View Post
    VFTW's pick of Paul has been been standing strong so far... but I never understood why they picked him in the first place. Paul is a fairly popular contestant who's garnerning votes on his own accord and not because of possiblities of a trainwreck (a la Sanjaya). While I liked her, I think Naima would have been the more obvious pick in prior weeks.
    VFTW sometimes picks somebody who already has a decent fanbase - like with Taylor Hicks. Taylor may still have won without VFTW, but they took pride in backing him for the win. So, they're not always for the worst - just somebody other than who they feel is the best, or somebody who they know is not liked by many.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard View Post
    I'm convinced the judges were captivated by a single performance... the duet in which he sang Blackbird. It was a great last impression, it came at the end of Hollywood week and it came at the right time to push him into the "keeper" column.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I think what CrossingGuard meant whas why VFTW picked him, not why the judges picked him.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast