+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: DialIdol/Vote For the Worst Season 10 *possible spoilers*

Re: DialIdol/Vote For the Worst Season 10 *possible spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    Really? I can't think of anyone I know who is a big country fan (I'm certainly not one!), so I can't ask them. I know Scotty has plenty of teeny-bopper fans, but IMO he's not really that cute!

As it is every year, time will tell how well any of these contestants fare.
    I'm 45 years old, its not a cute factor with me. His voice reminds me of all the classic country singers I grew up with. Its comforting to me. He's been on top of DI comfortably all this time I believe.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    Really? I can't think of anyone I know who is a big country fan (I'm certainly not one!), so I can't ask them. I know Scotty has plenty of teeny-bopper fans, but IMO he's not really that cute!

As it is every year, time will tell how well any of these contestants fare.
    I'm not a country fan either, but Scotty is just soooo gosh-darn wholesome and fun. He gives the appearance of being accessible.

FORT Newbie

Scotty has always reminded me of my favorite comic book person, but I don't think there's anything comic about his singing or stage presence. He's outstanding as a country singer, and with experience and age, he will get better. The best thing about country music fans is that they are extremely loyal and supportive and that's why country singers have extremely long careers. Whether Scotty wins American Idol, he has a bright future and undoubtedly he will be offered a recording contract when the Idol Summer Tour ends, if not before. I can also predict he'll have guests appearances with some of the country stars when they go on their road tours. What I do hope, though, is that this young man remain in school and finish high school with thoughts of going college. Always good to have something to fall back on

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I'm 45 years old, its not a cute factor with me. His voice reminds me of all the classic country singers I grew up with. Its comforting to me. He's been on top of DI comfortably all this time I believe.
    That's exactly it, his voice reminds me of a throwback to old style country that I love. I don't care much for the current stuff that's out there.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    That's exactly it, his voice reminds me of a throwback to old style country that I love. I don't care much for the current stuff that's out there.
    Something about Scotty reminds me of Randy Travis, a country singer who had huge sucess in the 70's and 80's. He's also from NC. Here's a video. He was quite young when he first started out.

I actually think that their voice is similar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv5CUMGlrlQ

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Something about Scotty reminds me of Randy Travis, a country singer who had huge sucess in the 70's and 80's. He's also from NC. Here's a video. He was quite young when he first started out.

I actually think that their voice is similar.

YouTube - Randy Travis - Diggin Up Bones
    I've thought the same thing. I've thought he should sing a Randy Travis song, it would suit him.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I've thought the same thing. I've thought he should sing a Randy Travis song, it would suit him.
    Didn't he and Lauren do "I Told You So" or did I dream that?

Randy's song are old style, but suit Scotty well IMO. Carrie Underwood pulled I Told You So out and recorded it with him as a duet. It was great.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ti11ie View Post
    How are the raw numbers represented in the predictions? I ask because I don't get how Haley's raw numbers are the highest and in the green, but her dialidol ranking is the lowest.
    What I can tell you is that the raw numbers only reflect how the DialIdol voters are voting. Jacob didn't have many fans voting via DialIdol, so he was almost always at the bottom of the raw numbers stats. DI has some kind of formula that they use to come up with their predictions. There must be some kind of weighting to account for how their voters compare with all the voters across America. Even though Jacob would be at the bottom of the raw numbers stats, his prediction rating was never, or nearly never, at the bottom. Sometimes he would be predicted as safe, even though his raw numbers were the worst. I'm not saying they were wrong, but I couldn't figure out how they came up with their prediction rating for him.
    Last edited by BuckeyeAddict; 05-07-2011 at 11:28 AM.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Addendum to the previous post: I just checked DI. The week of the top 7, DI gave him the 2nd highest score and declared him "safe," even though he had, by far, the fewest DI votes (reflected in "raw numbers"). He was B2 that week, so DI was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Didn't he and Lauren do "I Told You So" or did I dream that?

Randy's song are old style, but suit Scotty well IMO. Carrie Underwood pulled I Told You So out and recorded it with him as a duet. It was great.
    Yes, they did, and I thought they were awesome.

+ Reply to Thread