+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: DialIdol/Vote For the Worst Season 10 *possible spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: DialIdol/Vote For the Worst Season 10 *possible spoilers*

Scotty has as much chance as anyone to be in the bottom three. He is just not all that. What is the deal here? Everyone thinks he is so great. I just dont get it. He has a deep voice. So what?

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Scotty has as much chance as anyone to be in the bottom three. He is just not all that. What is the deal here? Everyone thinks he is so great. I just dont get it. He has a deep voice. So what?
    I don't think he's that great. I just think country fans are huge music lovers, are very loyal and Scotty is very popular with them.

It seems like if a contestant doesn't have a good chance of success in the genre they love, they are encouraged to go country. And many have at least made a couple of bucks with that.

Some former AI contestants I can think of that were encouraged to go country were 1) Nikki, the rocker chick with multi-colored hair (mostly red) from season 1, 2) Phil from season 6 and 3) Danny Gokey. I heard that Nikki stuck to her guns and didn't go country. I never thought of Phil or Danny as country, but they both went for it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I don't think he's that great. I just think country fans are huge music lovers, are very loyal and Scotty is very popular with them.

It seems like if a contestant doesn't have a good chance of success in the genre they love, they are encouraged to go country. And many have at least made a couple of bucks with that.

Some former AI contestants I can think of that were encouraged to go country were 1) Nikki, the rocker chick with multi-colored hair (mostly red) from season 1, 2) Phil from season 6 and 3) Danny Gokey. I heard that Nikki stuck to her guns and didn't go country. I never thought of Phil or Danny as country, but they both went for it.
    Yeah, I agree that country is a shoo in. Their fans are strong. This season bores me to tears and I just don't understand the Scotty fever. Let's just call this Country Idol and be done with this horrific mess. Yep, I am negative. I just do not like this season one little bit!

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post

I'd have to disagree with that. I think most fans of Country music realize that Scotty has a good voice but brings absolutely nothing new or unique to the table. I think Scotty is being pulled along by cute boy fans.

The following are the rankings Dialidol has after last nights show.

Scotty McCreery 1
    James Durbin 2-5
    Lauren Alaina 2-5
    Jacob Lusk 2-5
    Haley Reinhart 2-5
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Well, that's helpful...
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Well, that's helpful...
    This one is so incredibly close that it can't even be ventured. I am not a bet-ter, but based on the overall reaction and all the comments, if I had to put some of my change down, I guess I would have to put it on Jacob leaving.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fanatic

I guess it might be safe to say that many people like country and others like growling.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I'd have to disagree with that. I think most fans of Country music realize that Scotty has a good voice but brings absolutely nothing new or unique to the table. I think Scotty is being pulled along by cute boy fans.
    Really? I can't think of anyone I know who is a big country fan (I'm certainly not one!), so I can't ask them. I know Scotty has plenty of teeny-bopper fans, but IMO he's not really that cute!

As it is every year, time will tell how well any of these contestants fare.

How are the raw numbers represented in the predictions? I ask because I don't get how Haley's raw numbers are the highest and in the green, but her dialidol ranking is the lowest.

+ Reply to Thread