+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: DialIdol/Vote For the Worst Season 10 *possible spoilers*

Re: DialIdol/Vote For the Worst Season 10 *possible spoilers*

Yup, that's what I meant, Gutmutter. But I actually agree with you, Marlena_M, that it seems that the judges were infatuated with that one performance. Heck, I don't like the guy, and I loved that performance! Of course, that was pretty much the only time when we viewers saw him before the semifinals, so there could have been more to him than we saw.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    VFTW sometimes picks somebody who already has a decent fanbase - like with Taylor Hicks. Taylor may still have won without VFTW, but they took pride in backing him for the win. So, they're not always for the worst - just somebody other than who they feel is the best, or somebody who they know is not liked by many.
    Hmmm... well I understand their choice of Taylor also. He was a great contestant, but he was a little bit out there. (I mean that in the nicest way, too. ) But with Paul, he's so middle of the road. Yeah, he has a distinct voice, and he has the tacky attire and the dance moves, to boot. But most of the time, VFTW supports the eccentric contestants, especially in the earlier stages. Paul is just sorta... there. Meanwhile, someone like Naima was definitely out there. Loved her, but I have to admit that I started rooting for her after "Umbrella" when I was laughing my ass off at the unexpected dance break. I guess I was entertained enough to start rooting for her.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Right now Dial Idol has these three people safe:

Scotty
    James
    Pia

Middle of the Pack:

Casey
    Haley
    Lauren

The bottom three right now are:

Stefano
    Jacob
    Paul
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Ok I hope this isn't too stupid of a question but what's the differnce between Dial Idol scores and the raw numbers?
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakee View Post
    Ok I hope this isn't too stupid of a question but what's the differnce between Dial Idol scores and the raw numbers?
    Not a stupid question. I think this is how it works:

DialIdol scores are a value based on some calcuations they come up with. I'm not sure what all the factors are, but it involves how many busy signals they get in comparison to the number of votes placed by people that use their system.

The raw numbers are the numbers of votes people using their system have made, and how many busy signals they got. For DI to be accurate, their voters have to represent the general voting population.

Now, keep in mind that DialIdol considers their predictions to be correct as long as somebody they said was safe doesn't get eliminated. So somebody "safe" can be in the B3, but DialIdol claims victory as long as they don't go home.

I've been keeping a log of their predictions and the raw numbers. Interestingly, I've found the number of busy signals to be more accurate than the scores. Not 100% accurate, but I've noticed in the first 4 weeks of voting:
    1. Two times, the 3 with the fewest number of busy signals were the B3
    2. Two times, 3 out of the 4 with the fewest number of busy signals were the B3.
    3. The first 3 weeks, the person with the fewest number of busy signals was the person with the least number of votes.

Still watching...

Not a stupid question. I think this is how it works:

DialIdol scores are a value based on some calcuations they come up with. I'm not sure what all the factors are, but it involves how many busy signals they get in comparison to the number of votes placed by people that use their system.

The raw numbers are the numbers of votes people using their system have made, and how many busy signals they got. For DI to be accurate, their voters have to represent the general voting population.

Now, keep in mind that DialIdol considers their predictions to be correct as long as somebody they said was safe doesn't get eliminated. So somebody "safe" can be in the B3, but DialIdol claims victory as long as they don't go home.

I've been keeping a log of their predictions and the raw numbers. Interestingly, I've found the number of busy signals to be more accurate than the scores. Not 100% accurate, but I've noticed in the first 4 weeks of voting:
    1. Two times, the 3 with the fewest number of busy signals were the B3
    2. Two times, 3 out of the 4 with the fewest number of busy signals were the B3.
    3. The first 3 weeks, the person with the fewest number of busy signals was the person with the least number of votes.

Still watching...
    Thank you for your detailed explanation! It makes much more sense now!!
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

Dial Idol was way off about the results tonight. VFTW was able to get their contestant through (Paul).

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    Dial Idol was way off about the results tonight. VFTW was able to get their contestant through (Paul).
    You're not kidding. They had Pia as "safe." They also had her having the most busy signals of all the contestants. I know their results are dependent upon their subscriber's voting preferences and how many votes are phoned vs. texted or done online, but this just doesn't make sense.

Personally, I don't think VFTW had much to do with Paul getting through. I think he has a bit of a following. He's not one of my top few favorites, but I voted for him a lot this week because I liked his performance.

FORT Fogey

You're not kidding. They had Pia as "safe." They also had her having the most busy signals of all the contestants. I know their results are dependent upon their subscriber's voting preferences and how many votes are phoned vs. texted or done online, but this just doesn't make sense.

Personally, I don't think VFTW had much to do with Paul getting through. I think he has a bit of a following. He's not one of my top few favorites, but I voted for him a lot this week because I liked his performance.
    I have seen them be off, but frankly I have never seen them be this much off.

Since Pia is in the SAFE zone, #3 on the list and way ahead of the last one one on the list, and has never been in the bottom 3, I am wondering if something fishy is going on with this elimination?
    I know that in the early years, we wondered if once in a while a "shock" elimination happened to keep things lively.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    I have seen them be off, but frankly I have never seen them be this much off.

Since Pia is in the SAFE zone, #3 on the list and way ahead of the last one one on the list, and has never been in the bottom 3, I am wondering if something fishy is going on with this elimination?
    I know that in the early years, we wondered if once in a while a "shock" elimination happened to keep things lively.
    Bloomers, I had these thoughts as well and agree with you. I am curious to see what Dial Idol said about Pia being voted off.

They have been wrong in the past, but this time it feels different.

And people are talking, the media is a-buzz, and rumor is that Pia has already landed on her feet with a recording contract. A win-win situation for AI and Pia?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast