+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: DialIdol/Vote For the Worst Season 10 *possible spoilers*

Re: DialIdol/Vote For the Worst Season 10 *possible spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I think maybe its harder in general when there are a lot of them then when it gets down to just a few? If I understand how that site works (and I'm not sure I do), don't they count the buzy signals for each contestant? But with so many people now voting by text or online, its not as accurate to predict I wouldn't think. Maybe a lot of the younger people vote by text and they were probably not Pia's fan base, which would explain the discrepancy that week.

I believe Dial Idol has accurately predicted the winner of every American Idol season it has covered. So that is something to check out after the show on Tuesday.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    I believe Dial Idol has accurately predicted the winner of every American Idol season it has covered. So that is something to check out after the show on Tuesday.
    They've also been known to change their prediction after the fact. At least that was so in the early days of Dial Idol.

At this point it isn't even close. He is ahead by a large margin:

Scotty McCreery (green) 1

Lauren Alaina (red) 2
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Yep - DI has 19.356 points for Scotty, and 11.286 for Lauren. Not one of the closer finales. I feel comfortable with my prediction!

I think AI did everything the could to get a Lauren win but Scotty has the teen girls and a decent segment of the adults and their powers combined (mostly the mega teen texting bloc) ensures his victory. Just like Beiber wins every award possible if its based on viewer/user votes (even against incredibly talented, established artists), the young, good-looking guy phenomenon continues...

It hurts my heart to see so many pre-teen girls crying in the segments and on tv in general at a mere mention or glance of these guys...what is going on with our kids that they become so obsessed and emotionally tied to strangers?

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    I think AI did everything the could to get a Lauren win but Scotty has the teen girls and a decent segment of the adults and their powers combined (mostly the mega teen texting bloc) ensures his victory. Just like Beiber wins every award possible if its based on viewer/user votes (even against incredibly talented, established artists), the young, good-looking guy phenomenon continues...

It hurts my heart to see so many pre-teen girls crying in the segments and on tv in general at a mere mention or glance of these guys...what is going on with our kids that they become so obsessed and emotionally tied to strangers?
    It's nothing new. Just watch old footage of girls in the audience seeing The Beatles or Elvis.

I don't think the producers necessarily wanted Lauren to win. They just hate it when one finalist is way ahead of the other---The producers want more of a nail-biter finish, not a cake walk for the winner because it takes away from the TV drama of the situation. Scotty has been ahead all season, so this will be no surprise when he wins. Also, Scotty has had many good performances this year while Lauren has been pretty much a zero all year (except for a couple good performances last night), so he deserves it too.
    --
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fanatic

I am old enough to remember the same thing happening with Elvis and the Beatles. Heck, they had teen girls crying and fainting. It does seem that it's
    happening at an earlier age, but, sadly, many other things are starting to become 'the norm' at earlier ages that are a lot worse and more serious.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    It's nothing new. Just watch old footage of girls in the audience seeing The Beatles or Elvis.
    And (the young) Frank Sinatra before them.
    --
    ---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by mslady View Post
    I am old enough to remember the same thing happening with Elvis and the Beatles. Heck, they had teen girls crying and fainting. It does seem that it's
    happening at an earlier age, but, sadly, many other things are starting to become 'the norm' at earlier ages that are a lot worse and more serious.
    Yes, I was a HUGE Osmond fan. They didn't come more obsessed than me LOL Really, so I can understand it. Of course, I'm biased and think my idols, had real talent. I must have been right, because Donny and Marie, and the other brothers have had a 50 year career in show biz and in fact Donny and Marie are near the top of their career with DWTS, Vegas shows, tv appearances, new song on country chart, etc. I might have been a kid, but I was right about them. LOL

+ Reply to Thread