+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021

Thread: 3/1 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 3/1 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Would anyone know where or how I might be able to find out what the color and name of JLo's lip gloss was that she had on last night ? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    It appears to me that each judge is going to select 1 wildcard choice because of the "Top 13" show.

I was thinking though, that a Wildcard "Round" could mean some sort of a "sing-off" between the also-rans before the judges make their wildcard selections. Do you think so ?
    I just read somewhere that the wildcard will be:
    The 14 people not picked come back.
    1.) Judges pick a male wildcard
    2.) Judges pick a female wildcard
    3.) America votes for the third wildcard

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Are you sure? Because I could have sworn I heard Ryan say last night that tonight we will find out the top 10 America picked and the wild card choices.
    Count your blessings!

Could it be that:

1) America picks the top 5 guys and top 5 girls;
    2) The judges pick two wild cards, one from each gender;
    3) Of the remaining 14, whoever had the highest number of votes, M or F, takes slot 13.

Just speculation.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

I went to the official AI site trying to find an answer and there is a video clip of Ryan dramatically saying, "Tonight! We go from 24 to 12", etc. So I think the whole she-bang is tonight and the top 12 sing-offs start next week.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Juls2 View Post
    Ok, so am I the ONLY one out there that does NOT get the Casey/Taylor Hicks comparison???? Hello - Taylor Hicks was a one trick pony. Casey Abrams is an accomplished musician who can sing (as we've seen so far) - Rock, Jazz and Blues. That is ALREADY two more genres than we were able to see out of Taylor. And I'm betting he adds a few more to his bag of tricks this season!

If I had to compare Casey to anyone it would either be Adam or David Cook - and not because he sounds like either of them, but because he can take a song and make it sound fresh and different and make you wonder "what is he going to do next!!!". We never asked that of Taylor - we knew what he was going to do next - exactly what he did every time before!
    I don't think Casey resembles Taylor, either. However, I'm guessing people have said that because both contestants have been so quirky. They both stood/stand out in a sea of pop star wannabees because they do their own thing.

I think it also has to do with attitude. Both of them are so cool and casual. Remember when Taylor found out he was in the Top 24, how he sauntered across the room playing his harmonica? And I'm sure Casey is as ambitious as the rest of the contestants, but he comes across as a no-sweat, it's-all-good type of guy. Total contrast with all the desperation reeking from the other contestants. This kind of attitude worked for Taylor; let's hope it works for Casey!

I would never have thought to compared Casey to David C/Lambert. However, I like it.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread