+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thia Megia Season 10

Thia Megia Season 10

Thia Megia Season 10

Hometown: Hayward, CA
    Currently Resides: Mountain House, CA

Re: Thia Megia Season 10

STILL incredulous that the show rules allow someone who went so far on a comparable show to participate. She IS good, but it could be argued that America's Got Talent gave her a shot already. I mean she got to the semi-finals there, she wasn't just an auditioner.

Of course, thus far Idol is pretending hard that never happened.

I dunno. I DO like her though.

One of her Got Talent performances: http://www.nbc.com/americas-got-tale...mance/1131368/

She's also, I believe, insanely popular on YouTube, and the show seems to be ignoring that.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

She's the poster child of singers who fall into bad habits. Her singing does not sound natural at all. It sounds forced and like she's trying too hard. I'll be waiting to see if she can change my opinion on the live shows, but I've already built such a negative opinion that I don't know if that's possible.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

This kid sang on another reality competition and has a fan base because of it??? This REALLY ticks me off, and I kind of liked her. However, there are four other girls (Julie, Lauren A., Pia, Kendra) I like WAY better, and if they fall to the wayside b/c of this chick I'm not gonna be a happy camper.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

She'd be great on the Disney channel, but she is NOT main-stream radio material. I'm all for second chances, but if the masses didn't vote for her on AGT, what makes her think her odds are any better on AI?
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

I don't hold it against her that she was on AGT. I was actually rooting for her on that show and I would like her to make the top 10/12/13. I don't want her to make it all the way though. I think it is right to criticize her for not sounding natural. When she sings in her natural voice, she sounds like a kid. So I understand why she would fake it. Her voice reflects the fact that she is still maturing and growing.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Have to admit that I somewhat enjoyed her performance last night, even though it felt like she was weighing and measuring each and every word to get the correct pronunciation.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

I am glad she made it. I like her. AND it is a thunk on the head to that nasty coach during auditions. I hope they fire her. No one should treat anyone like that, ever!

She sings through her nose and misses notes here and there. Not a fan.

I haven't liked her since I heard the way she sang her audition song, something about "chasing pavements"?? She did that weird goat thing with her voice that a lot of these singers have been doing lately ever since Megan Joy started it a few years ago. Not for me at all...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast