+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thia Megia Season 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Thia Megia Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by RealVoyeur View Post
    I haven't liked her since I heard the way she sang her audition song, something about "chasing pavements"?? She did that weird goat thing with her voice that a lot of these singers have been doing lately ever since Megan Joy started it a few years ago. Not for me at all...
    I thought she did it better than Megan Joy. She doesn't do it anymore and I am happy about it. But now she sounds like a kid. She is a kid but a kid voice shouldn't win Idol.

She seems to be the most dour & sour faced person on this show. Always on the verge of frowning & showing disdain.

She has such a sweet sound to her voice. It is a shame at 15 she is the most boring contestant this season. She still has time to appeal to me though.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Newbie

While the girl has the voice and looks of an angel, she really needs to show some spunk.

she has a gorgeous voice, but her song choices are the cure for insomnia! She also doesn't have any personality on stage (or maybe even off stage, but I wouldn't know that). If she doesn't start singing something more upbeat & start showing some personality, I don't think she's long for this game.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fogey

I loved her upbeat song and smiles during Motown week - hope she keeps it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    While the girl has the voice and looks of an angel, she really needs to show some spunk.
    Agreed. She has to show a bit of a personality, a little bit of pep. Maybe its the age?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Thia has a wonderful, unusual voice and great vocal range but she is a little boring. She needs to learn how to inject some soul (as in "spirit" into her singing). I could imagine Simon saying "You sound old. You're too young to be singing like that."
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Another one with a great voice but her performances completely bore me. I'm not moved at all to vote for her.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Thia was much more connected to the lyrics last night than she has been in the past. And I love her unique tone. Unfortunately, she still bores me.
    ---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast