+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Stefano Langone Season 10

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Re: Stefano Langone Season 10

I find him to be a cross between Frankie Avalon (teenage appeal with tenor croon) and a generic Italian tenor without the punch of an opera singer.

Cute kid...could be a great crooner in the style of Perry Como if Perry Como wasn't dead and not relevant to modern music tastes.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I don't get him. I'm bored by his performances and under wowed buy his voice. I'm shocked the judges love him so much. Also it was weird his mom was dressed like a 12 year old and didn't respond to her husband's crying at all.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

FORT Regular

He doesn't understand what "connect to audience" means. He doesn't know how to make eye-contact-love with the cameras that are swirling around him. Scotty is doing this semi-effectively. Stefano needs to compare his clip with Scotty's clips to get a baseline. Even when Stefano had his eyes open, they were squinty.

Someone needs to tell Stefano that he has to stop singing as if he is alone in a shower (eyes squeezed shut, performing inside of his head).

Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    He doesn't understand what "connect to audience" means. He doesn't know how to make eye-contact-love with the cameras that are swirling around him. Scotty is doing this semi-effectively. Stefano needs to compare his clip with Scotty's clips to get a baseline. Even when Stefano had his eyes open, they were squinty.

Someone needs to tell Stefano that he has to stop singing as if he is alone in a shower (eyes squeezed shut, performing inside of his head).

Just my opinion, but I have to close my eyes when Scotty performs. Even though he has connected with the audience more then most of the contestants this season his facial expressions are very distracting.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    Just my opinion, but I have to close my eyes when Scotty performs. Even though he has connected with the audience more then most of the contestants this season his facial expressions are very distracting.
    Not sure what that has to do with Stefano, but I don't have a problem watching Scotty perform at all. Stafano, on the other hand, does not seem comfortable up there and that makes me feel uncomfortable too.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

While I think Stephano was probably the worst of the night; I felt so bad for him and his Mom regarding the comment from Gordon Ramsey. I mean was that really necessary?? Doesn't Gordon know it's polite to lie when the situation calls for it?!!!
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakee View Post
    While I think Stephano was probably the worst of the night; I felt so bad for him and his Mom regarding the comment from Gordon Ramsey. I mean was that really necessary?? Doesn't Gordon know it's polite to lie when the situation calls for it?!!!
    I think Ramsey is just a jerk and doesn't know how to be polite. At least I've heard he's just as big a jerk in "real life" as he is on the show. That's one show I will not watch. Yeah, I felt bad for Stefano's mom too, but maybe they told her beforehand he would be making a snarky comment? Pushing his show, I guess.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I think Ramsey is just a jerk and doesn't know how to be polite. At least I've heard he's just as big a jerk in "real life" as he is on the show. That's one show I will not watch. Yeah, I felt bad for Stefano's mom too, but maybe they told her beforehand he would be making a snarky comment? Pushing his show, I guess.
    Yea Gordon seems like perfect definition of a pompous a$$. Re the bolded, I hope you're right but the look on her face was just so sad
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

FORT Fogey

I commented on the bloody brit yesterday in the show thread. I was horrified that he would be so crass to an ordinary person who did not deserve that unexpected ugliness from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    Aww..I don't see that in Scotty at all. When he performs, I see a guy who really loves what he does. He appears very comfortable on that stage, and I like that.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast