Page 1 of 57 123456789101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Scotty McCreery Season 10

Scotty McCreery Season 10

Hometown: Garner, NC
    Currently Resides: Garner, NC

Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Happiness is a warm TV - 'American Idol': Scotty makes the cut! | newsobserver.com blogs

I'll be the first to post in Scotty's thread. This is a blog entry from our local newspaper, the News & Observer.

I work in Garner, which is a bedroom community to Raleigh. Since the Hollywood rounds started, there have been Scotty-viewing parties at multiple locations in the town.

It was floating around the Internet that Scotty attends the same high school Clay Aiken did -- which is totally untrue. Those two schools are 15 - 20 miles apart, and the only thing they have in common is that they are part of the same large county school system. Scotty is a student at Garner Magnet High School.

I'm not a big county fan, but good luck to Scotty. From what I've heard, he's a nice kid and he sings well.

ETA: That link looks funny, but it works.
    Last edited by TeacherLady; 02-26-2011 at 07:55 PM. Reason: fix typos

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

If the spoilers are to be believed, Scotty will be doing yet another country tune. He does them well, but he's going to need to broaden his horizons if he's going to stick around the Idol stage. He does come off as a very nice person without making it seem like an act.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Earlier there was an interview either on newsobserver.com or wral.com with his H.S. choir teacher, who didn't even know he sang country. Apparently he sings all kinds of music in choir.

But time will tell if he is versatile enough (and popular enoug) to last very long in the competition.
    Last edited by TeacherLady; 02-27-2011 at 06:36 PM. Reason: I always seem to leave the r out of country!

i'm already bored with him. I got sick of him during hollywood week, when I realized he's a one-trick pony.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

To the Point

Country is not my thing, however, I do think he is very talented. One trick pony....perhaps based on what we've seen, but I hope that he gets the chance to show us one way or another. I think that country is his strength and at this point he would be penalized, at least by the judges, for venturing outside of that genre. Should he make it to the top 10 I do hope that he will have the ability to adapt and pull off other types of music.

I loved his first audition but after hearing that same, "Baby lock them doors and turn the lights down low" so many times I'm pretty much over him.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    If the spoilers are to be believed, Scotty will be doing yet another country tune. He does them well, but he's going to need to broaden his horizons if he's going to stick around the Idol stage. He does come off as a very nice person without making it seem like an act.
    I understand he sings other genres, but I didn't watch the interview so don't know what they said. Frankly, he needs to keep doing what he loves and what he's good at. If he has a career, I would say its in Nashville, so why not show what he has? Doesn't need to win Idol to have a career doing what he loves (which also goes for all of them).
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

FORT Fogey

I am also over him. There just isn't much appeal in hearing him over and over again for me. I assume people who love what he does can tell the difference from performance to performance. I cannot.

I thought he sounded pretty good last night, definitely one of the better performances imo. But was anyone else distracted by his horrible fake tan on his face? It was such a weird color.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 57 123456789101151 ... LastLast