+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 561
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Scotty McCreery Season 10

  1. #61
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

    ^^^^ And yet Simon foisted Il Divo on the world...where are they now?

  2. #62
    as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,847

    Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I wonder how far into the Idol process Scotty would have gotten with Simon. I remembe he hated country, Broadway....actually he jated anything that was not "relevant" current Pop.
    Simon was a huge fan of Susan Boyle of Britain's Got Talent and she's anything but "relevant" current pop. Personally I just think Simon dislikes any music he doesn't understand

    Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

  3. #63
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,899

    Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    You have to admit that Carrie has grown tremendously since she left AI. If she hadn't, she might not have the success she has now. She had no sense of herself in regard to fashion while on the show. Some of the hair and clothing choices put on her by the stylists were horrible. Now her style is perfect. She wears top of the line clothing and it shows. Again, maybe she was able to find a personal stylist who works with her all the time, but it works. I give her credit for finishing her educaton too. Intelligence always shows and Carrie used her brains to make herself better
    Look what Carrie has done, and yet Carrie showed very little personality, and although she was naturally very pretty, she didn't show much flair or style in her dress. Like Scotty, it didn't matter what the theme for the week was, when Carrie opened her mouth to sing, she sang the song country. Period.

    Carrie won that season easily. Easily I tell you. I liked Carrie even though I wasn't a country fan. What wasn't to like? She was a natural girl, a sweet natured girl, a wholesome girl with a good voice....but I was an Alabama fan of Bo Bice.

    Now, will Scotty who sings every song country just like Carrie did regardless of the week's theme win just like Carrie did? He already has more stage presence and personality than she did.
    Does he have popularity? He does now....
    Hop on over to the DI thread which I know is just an indicator; take a look at the last few weeks!
    Who knows what will happen?
    Scotty is holding his own, and I don't turn the radio on the country station....
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

  4. #64
    RENThead JLuvs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Commuting for Work
    Posts
    6,248
    I think Scotty has a great chance of winning. He has the voice, personality and keeps picking the right songs. I would pick up his cd or see him perform live tomorrow I could.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

  5. #65
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I wonder how far into the Idol process Scotty would have gotten with Simon. I remembe he hated country, Broadway....actually he hated anything that was not "relevant" current Pop.
    I think Simon would nail him every week, and scold him for his old fashioned style, absolutely! He was all about being current and developing your own unique style. I miss Simon.

    Scotty sounds like every other old time country man and he is just a young boy and has every reason to break the mold and do something new. He will not.

  6. #66
    FORT Fogey LuvThisStuf!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Luv this location!
    Posts
    837

    Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

    I would only compare Scotty to Carrie in that they both sing country.

    Carrie was completely unaffected, and while she didn't have a stage presence she also didn't put on weird airs onstage, like I think Scotty does. There's just something about him that turns me off. It's probably that combination of his Elvis lip curl and the way he holds his mic to the side.....ewww....just weird for a young boy pretending to look cool. And Carrie was pitch-perfect, while Scotty....isn't. He hits those low notes ok, but he's had some major misses with relatively easy country tunes. He just doesn't have a strong voice, IMO.

    I don't care for him in this competition, but I agree with other posters that he'll probably have a solid career in the country music industry. He'll be given songs that match his voice and he'll do well.

  7. #67
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,899

    Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf! View Post
    I would only compare Scotty to Carrie in that they both sing country.

    Carrie was completely unaffected, and while she didn't have a stage presence she also didn't put on weird airs onstage, like I think Scotty does. There's just something about him that turns me off. It's probably that combination of his Elvis lip curl and the way he holds his mic to the side.....ewww....just weird for a young boy pretending to look cool. And Carrie was pitch-perfect, while Scotty....isn't. He hits those low notes ok, but he's had some major misses with relatively easy country tunes. He just doesn't have a strong voice, IMO.

    I don't care for him in this competition, but I agree with other posters that he'll probably have a solid career in the country music industry. He'll be given songs that match his voice and he'll do well.
    The comparison was in popularity (at this point in the season at least) and in the fact that both sang every song country regardless of the theme for the week. Carrie went on to win Idol quite easily her season. There is no telling what is going to happen this season, but so far Scotty is doing well in his season as well.
    I am not a country fan. I do not listen to country music. I am simply making some observations.
    I did go back and look at DI which I realize is simply an indicator.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

  8. #68
    FORT Fogey LuvThisStuf!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Luv this location!
    Posts
    837

    Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

    Hi Bloomers I wasn't directing my comment to your post, but in general to the comments comparing Scotty to Carrie, and went from there. Scotty is obviously popular - he hasn't appeared in the bottom 3 yet.

  9. #69
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,027

    Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I think Simon would nail him every week, and scold him for his old fashioned style, absolutely! He was all about being current and developing your own unique style. I miss Simon.

    Scotty sounds like every other old time country man and he is just a young boy and has every reason to break the mold and do something new. He will not.
    My point that it is a GOOD thing that Simon has moved on. SImon was about being current and sounding like everybody else who was selling Pop records....no concern for unique style. I totally do not miss him or his nasty critiques directed to kids singing music he did not like/understand.
    .

  10. #70
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    242

    Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

    The way I see it, Scotty is the only one this year who has the potential for any lasting success. There is a country niche for a young, wholesome, cute boy and I can see him being willing and able to step in. I never listen to country music, but I can appreciate its place in music of today.

    The others are all decent representatives of young singers -- NONE of them are of the "Sanjaya" scene with no talent and just a cult following. I cannot, though, see any besides Scotty finding their own places in a lasting music career. A year from now we won't remember their names or which season they competed.

    Having said that, I enjoy this season more than any other -- except for the first. It has been refreshing not having to attend to any bleeding ears!!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.