+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 444454647484950515253545556 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Interesting that he chose the college close to home. He had considered a college in Nashville so he could also be working on his music. He'll get there, eventually.
    I think I read that his father went there. Also, I have heard that he's quite a Wolf Pack fan.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I have to play devils advocate on this & say this is a bad move at this time. Scotty is still trying to get himself established in Nashville & to cut that short to attend college just may be the death knell to his career. Sorry, college is a wonderful thing, but I think this is just not a smart move at this time.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I have to play devils advocate on this & say this is a bad move at this time. Scotty is still trying to get himself established in Nashville & to cut that short to attend college just may be the death knell to his career. Sorry, college is a wonderful thing, but I think this is just not a smart move at this time.
    I agree with you on this one. I think if Scotty doesn't strike now while the iron is hot, he will probably find that he's lost his chance. But it's his decision and if college is what he wants, I say go for it.
    Debb70 likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I say good for him. College

If he's good he can sing anytime he wants.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I say good for him. College

If he's good he can sing anytime he wants.
    Yes, he can sing whenever he wants, but can he be successful? There are a ton of people out there with awesome voices who never manage to make it in the business. The same holds true, he can always go to college. Not saying he shouldn't, but he needs to know in his mind what it is he wants to do with the rest of his life. If it's be a performer, then he might be better served to pursue that now and put college on the back burner for a couple years until he is more established.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Yes, he can sing whenever he wants, but can he be successful? There are a ton of people out there with awesome voices who never manage to make it in the business. The same holds true, he can always go to college. Not saying he shouldn't, but he needs to know in his mind what it is he wants to do with the rest of his life. If it's be a performer, then he might be better served to pursue that now and put college on the back burner for a couple years until he is more established.
    Seems to me as though he was voting for the performer thing or he wouldn't have tried out for Idol. This seems to be a Mother forcing her desires on a son.

Besides buying Phillip's last song on Finale night from itunes, I'm also going to purchase "Remember Me" by Scotty. He looks like he has beefed up over the past year and gone more country look with the leather vest. Looking and sounding good, Scotty.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I'm a huge supporter of college, but Scotty may be overestimating his ability to stay current while he works on his college education. He has stayed grounded, but seems to like the celebrity just fine. Of course, I have no problem with him staying local. NC State campus is just a couple of blocks from my office.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm a huge supporter of college, but Scotty may be overestimating his ability to stay current while he works on his college education. He has stayed grounded, but seems to like the celebrity just fine. Of course, I have no problem with him staying local. NC State campus is just a couple of blocks from my office.
    The problem is that even though Scotty sold more than a million of his album, he has really struggled with acceptance on radio. Neither of his first 2 singles broke into the Top 10 & his last one, the one he debuted on Idol (Water Tower Town), didn't even get out of the 30's & looks to be finished already.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

One of the worst winners.

+ Reply to Thread