+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 242434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

To anyone who may be listening: After 10 seasons, I'm officially no longer watching this show. Last season catapulted me right over the shark... they should have renamed the show "Amurrican Country Music Suckfest." Watching Alfred E. Newman mug his way to the top week after week was revolting.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest View Post
    To anyone who may be listening: After 10 seasons, I'm officially no longer watching this show. Last season catapulted me right over the shark... they should have renamed the show "Amurrican Country Music Suckfest." Watching Alfred E. Newman mug his way to the top week after week was revolting.
    And yet Country Music has become arguably the most successful genre for Idol Alumni. Carrie Underwood & Scotty were both winners of the show. Then there is Josh Gracin, Kellie Pickler, Bucky Covington, Lauren Alaina, Casey James & Bo Bice are making their living there. And now we get word that Kelly Clarkson has just remixed her latest single son she can send it to Country radio. We do have to mention Danny Gokey who was never taken seriously by the genre even if he did give it a go.
    Arielflies and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    And yet Country Music has become arguably the most successful genre for Idol Alumni. Carrie Underwood & Scotty were both winners of the show. Then there is Josh Gracin, Kellie Pickler, Bucky Covington, Lauren Alaina, Casey James & Bo Bice are making their living there. And now we get word that Kelly Clarkson has just remixed her latest single son she can send it to Country radio. We do have to mention Danny Gokey who was never taken seriously by the genre even if he did give it a go.
    Fine, then call the show "American Country Idol" and make it about country music.

Look, I don't have anything against country music... in fact, there are several country artists I like. I just don't think Scotty and Lauren breathed the slightest bit of life into the genre, and the show was a total bore for it. Further, if the voting is so stilted in favor of country (and it seems it is), then the singers of all other genres aren't getting a fair chance at all.

And that leads us back to AI's biggest flaw: it's a popularity contest. Talent takes a back seat to who's "likeable."
    Last edited by CuckoosNest; 03-26-2012 at 07:51 PM.
    BTW and mesachick like this.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest View Post
    Fine, then call the show "American Country Idol" and make it about country music.

Look, I don't have anything against country music... in fact, there are several country artists I like. I just don't think Scotty and Lauren breathed the slightest bit of life into the genre, and the show was a total bore for it. Further, if the voting is so stilted in favor of country (and it seems it is), then the singers of all other genres aren't getting a fair chance at all.

And that leads us back to AI's biggest flaw: it's a popularity contest. Talent takes a back seat to who's "likeable."
    No where in the title of the show does it designate American POP Idol. Besides, I think the group that the show is stilted in favor of is the boys. The girls whether Country, Pop, R&B or any other genre are the ones getting short shrift. [edit by Arielflies]
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-27-2012 at 12:15 PM.

FORT Fogey

Looking forward to seeing S. tonight. I always have found that first year after AI brings so much growth to the kid so I am curious to see what S. brings us
    Debb70 likes this.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

To bring out last year's Jennifer..."Scotty! Scotty McCreery!!" I'm excited to see what he sings tonight; hopefully not something we've heard a million times like "Trouble with Girls" or "I Love You This Big."
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

He sang a song from the album that is being released as a single, "Water Tower Town." It is different than the first two releases in that it is upbeat and Scotty has said it is his favorite. With his own band and the experience he has gained from touring and concerts, he seems to have really matured on stage. I really enjoyed his energy, and of course, his voice.

In an interview with Fox after the show, he stated that he sneaks into the audience during Brad Paisley's turn on stage and studies him and how he connects so well with his audience. Scotty is young, but he is learning his craft and trade in the best way possible. Oh, in one of his tweets he mentioned he was writing a song...maybe there will be some original material in his next album. You go, Scotty.
    Debb70 likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I got up my nerve to make future plans and ordered a ticket to the Scotty McCreery/Lunabelles concert at the Orange County, CA fairgrounds in July. The orchestra is already sold out and most of the second tier, but I got a single seat in the second in the middle. At least I'll be closer to the stage than I was for the Adam Lambert concert.

Sheryl Crow and Willie Nelson will also be performing at the fair this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I got up my nerve to make future plans and ordered a ticket to the Scotty McCreery/Lunabelles concert at the Orange County, CA fairgrounds in July. The orchestra is already sold out and most of the second tier, but I got a single seat in the second in the middle. At least I'll be closer to the stage than I was for the Adam Lambert concert.

Sheryl Crow and Willie Nelson will also be performing at the fair this year.
    Good for you! enjoy! I dont care for him, but my daughter in law woud join you in a second.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

It was nice to see Scotty do something upbeat after the last two goopy ballads.

+ Reply to Thread