+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4041424344454647484950515253545556 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Great!! Glad to hear Scotty is doing so well.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Got his cd online and it came today and have been listening to it over and over - It's great!! I also sent a copy as a gift to my parents who were big fans as well!

I'm looking forward to hearing it. I still get a feeling he is going to do very well in this genre.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Read that his album debuted at #1----that hasn't been done by an IDOL winner for some time!!! Good for him

Scotty sang the National Anthem for the opening game of the World Series. After his start over because of mic failure, he did a credible job, though with country slides and not straight up clean. He also sang it a cappella with the first and second ladies of the land on the field with him along with the usual patriotic surrounds of military and a giant flag.

If anyone is curious, there is you tube stuff up about it. And here is a link that talks about it as well as video.

http://www.theboot.com/2011/10/20/scotty-mccreery-world-series-national-anthem/?ncid=webmail4
    Last edited by Arielflies; 10-20-2011 at 02:58 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

As I previously mentioned Brad Paisley has asked Scotty to tour with him. Scotty will open, The Band Perry will be the middle act & here are the first announced dates:

Jan. 12 - Grand Rapids, Mich.
    Jan. 13 - Milwaukee, Wis.
    Jan. 14 - St. Paul, Minn.
    Jan. 19 - Kansas City, Mo.
    Jan. 20 - Wichita, Kan.
    Jan. 21 - Denver
    Jan. 26 - Boise, Idaho
    Jan. 27 - Salt Lake City
    Jan. 28 - Las Vegas

Feb. 9 - Spokane, Wash.
    Feb. 10 - Eugene, Ore.
    Feb. 11 - Tacoma, Wash.
    Feb. 16 - Lubbock, Texas
    Feb. 17 - Las Cruces, N.M.
    Feb. 23 - Madison, Wis.
    Feb. 24 - Moline, Ill.
    Feb. 25 Springfield, Mo.

March 1 - Baltimore
    March 2 - Knoxville, Tenn.
    March 3 - Lexington, Ky.

Listened to his new CD a few times yesterday and I was quite impressed. I especially liked "Write Your Number on my Hand".

I cry during "Dirty Dishes." He has incorporated so many rhythms including ukelele. I love the honky tonk and the piano riffs. Good stuff! I also notice that they kept all of the songs age and life experience appropriate for him, which is a good thing. All the songs about teen love and Mama are currently up his alley.

ETA: "King James" brings me back to a personal anecdote of when I was 10 and my cousin was 8. She attended church every Sunday whether her mother went with her or not. Well this Sunday she asked me to go with her, but I was to keep it a secret. When the call to the congregation came, she went forward, was baptized and saved. She told her parents when we got home and of course they rounded on me, but I told them I had promised not to tell what she was going to do. Eight years old when she committed herself, and she is still a devoted and active member of that denomination.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 11-05-2011 at 11:41 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

It is quite age appropriate and his voice sounds fantastic and confident. I have now listened to it about 10 times.

Scotty won the best New Artist award at the ACA ceremony which aired tonight. He sang The Trouble With Girls and had the pit girls swooning and singing along. Lauren Alaina was a presenter and did wonderfully in a comic bit with a comedian. She looked gorgeous.

The way I understand it, the ACA awards are by fan vote much like the Peoples Choice Awards only for country music. It was a terrific show with Alabama doing a medley and Artist of the Decade, Toby Keith singing a "fluff" song called Red Cup. It is hilarious. Good Show and fast moving with Trace Adkins and Kristen Chenowith hosting. He being so big and she being so small, one time he carried her out as though she was strapped in a baby carrier to his chest. A lot of fun. Carrie received a few awards, one of which was shown, but she didn't sing.

ETA: the show was on FOX so there were American Idol promos. One featured a guy trying to be Scotty McCreery and badly singing, Lock Them Doors, during auditions. Randy asks the panel if they have Scotty's phone number. Another commercial showed part of Scotty's audition and the winning announcement saying - this could be you. Scotty even thanked AI and 19, etc during his acceptance speech and the fans that got him through AI and receiving this award. AI on Twitter has been calling for votes for him and Lauren Alaina from their fan base, so...

Oh! Jordin Sparks was a presenter with Josh Turner and asked him to sing that song to her, which he did. She did her version of swoon. Has she gone country? Her appearance on Idol showed her doing one of the pop genres. Anyway, she was gorgeous, also.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 12-06-2011 at 02:33 AM.

+ Reply to Thread