+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 561
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Scotty McCreery Season 10

  1. #41
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    242

    Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

    While I am not a country fan in any way, I think that Scotty is the real deal and his southern boy charm will take him farther than just what American Idol can provide. Girls can adore him for his sweet, genteel manner and cutie-pie good looks.....boys can admire him because of his interest (and skill) in athletics.

    I think he is more adorable each week, and I'd love to have him in the school choruses that I direct. He is the exact type that I recruit, with or withOUT the voice.

  2. #42
    Romantic Dreamer Love_Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,843

    Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    I'm late coming into this season, but in coming in late sometimes, you get some different perspectives.
    One is that I can see that this clean-cut kid is enormously popular -first and foremost popular.
    With American Idol that is always important (cough, cough Carrie Underwood)

    Next, just like Carrie Underwood everything he sings is going to sound country. He will give it an honest intention and approach, but it will still be country because just like Carrie, he is country all the way. As such, he could ride this thing all the way through just like she did straight into Nashville.
    Would that be a bad thing for AI?
    He is Country which is not typical for AI, but then so was Carrie, and she has been by far their biggest winner. They want a winner....

    Regardless, of whether he wins AI or not, this kid is going straight to Nashville as soon as he is off this show by the first means of available transport.

    I don't even listen to country music except when I am with my brother, but I have this one figured out!
    He is loaded with charisma, and that deep voice is a gotcha.
    I agree with you. The only issue I have with Scotty right now is the way he holds the mic to the side and his facial expressions. Did you notice those or am I being too critical?
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

  3. #43
    FORT Fogey RealVoyeur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,436

    Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

    OMG he was so over the top last night with all the eyebrow raising and the pointing gestures!!! It was sooo annoying, none of that is genuine to the song, he is just doing it as part of his canned set of performance mannerisms. #1 is lean to the side #2 is raise the eyebrow, #3 is wink, #4 is knowing smile, etc... I mean I know he is young so he can't really make it appear sincere, I'm sure he will improve over time but right now he is just soooo affected.

    As far as the song goes I thought he sounded OK at the beginning but when he stood up and got into it and the gestures increased it really started to sound odd. And it's like the song was too slow and his phrasing was short and choppy so their were long gaps of nothing but music in between each line, it just sounded really bad. To me it was a total fail at making a country rendition of that song.

  4. #44
    FORT Fogey LuvThisStuf!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Luv this location!
    Posts
    837

    Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by RealVoyeur View Post
    OMG he was so over the top last night with all the eyebrow raising and the pointing gestures!!! It was sooo annoying, none of that is genuine to the song, he is just doing it as part of his canned set of performance mannerisms. #1 is lean to the side #2 is raise the eyebrow, #3 is wink, #4 is knowing smile, etc... I mean I know he is young so he can't really make it appear sincere, I'm sure he will improve over time but right now he is just soooo affected.

    As far as the song goes I thought he sounded OK at the beginning but when he stood up and got into it and the gestures increased it really started to sound odd. And it's like the song was too slow and his phrasing was short and choppy so their were long gaps of nothing but music in between each line, it just sounded really bad. To me it was a total fail at making a country rendition of that song.
    I totally agree. He really has a shot if he just stops all the posing. After seeing that childhood video of him where he talks about liking Elvis all those affected mannerisms just remind me Elvis, which creeps me out. Someone ^^ mentioned that he should try to go 'old country' and sing some Glen Campbell or Charlie Pride and I think that's a great idea. I think that's his forte, solid, old-fashioned country, minus the affectation.

    Love_Me: The only issue I have with Scotty right now is the way he holds the mic to the side and his facial expressions. Did you notice those or am I being too critical?
    I've noticed, and I agree with you.

  5. #45
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,886

    Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf! View Post
    I totally agree. He really has a shot if he just stops all the posing. After seeing that childhood video of him where he talks about liking Elvis all those affected mannerisms just remind me Elvis, which creeps me out. Someone ^^ mentioned that he should try to go 'old country' and sing some Glen Campbell or Charlie Pride and I think that's a great idea. I think that's his forte, solid, old-fashioned country, minus the affectation.



    I've noticed, and I agree with you.
    I'm not sure I can say since I'm not a teenage girl. They might like it. LOL I suspect that he might have taken some lessons on stage presence before he went to compete and that's where it comes from. I don't know. I do like Scotty though. He and I live in the same county. LOL

  6. #46
    as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,847

    Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

    Scott is going to have a great career and to be honest he does not need to win AI for that. He's gotten as much out of AI as he needs to so I say vote him out now.

    He's not going to be a pop star.

    He's not even going to be a crossover artist.

    Scotty is going to stay solely in country music and I'm sure he does not care if non-country-music-fans NEVER follow him. His feet are firmly planted in the roots of country music and there's nothing wrong with that.

    I say vote the kid off now.

    There are other contestants who are equally (if not more) talented than Scotty and NEED to get to the finals (and perhaps win?) American Idol in order to have any chance of getting a contract and having a singing career. They need more than just the exposure of AI... and truthfully that is all that Scotty needed.

    Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

  7. #47
    FORT Fogey albean99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,285

    Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

    I doubt very much Scotty will be leaving anytime soon. He's not my favorite but both me & my dh like him a lot and we're not even country music fans.

  8. #48
    FORT Fogey TeacherLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Out in the boonies of NC
    Posts
    1,282

    Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by albean99 View Post
    I doubt very much Scotty will be leaving anytime soon. He's not my favorite but both me & my dh like him a lot and we're not even country music fans.
    I feel the same way about Scotty, and would not be a bit surprised if he wins the whole darn thing! Especially if he starts having better and better performances as the weeks go by.

  9. #49
    Me and my shadow Gutmutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Always together.
    Posts
    12,880

    Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

    No, he's not going anywhere soon. He trends at the top of the polls and both my sister and her teenaged daughter absolutely love him... and they're as middle America as they come. Again, they don't like country music normally. Also, you don't vote people out of AI. You vote who you like.
    Count your blessings!

  10. #50
    as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,847

    Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

    All of you who like Scotty so much and believe he has a chance to win it all, I have only one question for you.... are you voting???? Because quite honestly it all comes down to only one thing and that's who gets the votes.

    I have absolutely nothing against Scotty at all. I just do not believe he has a snowball's chance of winning.

    As always... just my opinion.

    Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.