+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

I liked his Elvis imprsonation.
    That was cute.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    One of our country stations played his song this morning. Not sure it was the first time or not b/c I flip stations a lot. Anyway, it sounded great....he does have a very good radio voice.
    That's what I told my daughter, that he has a very good radio voice. I think I liked the song a lot better on the radio than on AI.

Link to a wral.com story quoting Scotty's choral teacher. It says he was secretly back in Garner for one day recently to take his AP English exam. So he's an excellent student on top of everything else he's got going for him!

Music teacher proud to have 'Idol' winner as student :: WRAL.com

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

He may pass the written tests but he, along with many of his generation, confuses subjective and objective such as me and her with she and I.

During the talk while the confetti fell, he said, "Me and Lauren Alaina have been together since day 1."

Because so many of that generation use that form of speech, I guess we oldsters either get used to it or constantly scream at our TVs.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 06-02-2011 at 09:00 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    I wonder why he only sang country during the competition then?
    I think from the beginning he was sort of pushed and led to believe country was the way for him to go ; singing country in his low baritone voice. But I think it was excellent advice. I, for one, certainly can't see him doing anything else.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

Scotty & Lauren will be make their debuts at the Opry on Fri. June 10th during CMA Music Fest Week.

FORT Fogey

that is great that the Opry family have invited them to sing already. Of course Carrie turned out to be such a breath,of life and fresh air for them, they are already positive about the AI kids.....I think Carrie might have had to do some convincing that she was the real deal---but she is certainly is loved in NAshville.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    He may pass the written tests but he, along with many of his generation, confuses subjective and objective such as me and her with she and I.

During the talk while the confetti fell, he said, "Me and Lauren Alaina have been together since day 1."

Because so many of that generation use that form of speech, I guess we oldsters either get used to it or constantly scream at our TVs.
    I say "me and so&so" also on occasion, but it doesn't mean that I don't know better.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

There was an ad during CMT Superstar tonight that claimed Scotty and Lauren would be part of the CMT Music Award Show next Wednesday on the CMT channel at 9 PM. Whether or not they are there, it looks to be a fun show.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    There was an ad during CMT Superstar tonight that claimed Scotty and Lauren would be part of the CMT Music Award Show next Wednesday on the CMT channel at 9 PM. Whether or not they are there, it looks to be a fun show.
    I also heard this reported somewhere. It was either a local story OR during one of his appearances on morning shows this week.

+ Reply to Thread