+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Scotty McCreery Season 10

To the Point

Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

American Idol is just a stepping stone, granted a pretty significant one because of the guaranteed contract and $$, however, just a stepping stone. All of these kids will have to work to make it. For most, our idea of success and theirs may not line up in the least. That's okay. I think too many think that making it on idol SHOULD translate into a hugely successful music career. While that would be nice, I really think that it's a huge step into the music scene but nothing more. Let's face it, Adam Lambert is hugely popular amoung the idol faithful and, I'm sure, with many who weren't idol faithful. The guy has HUGE talent, but he's only two seasons away from his win. How many albums does that make? His long term success is not guaranteed. It is tough being a long term success in this business and perhaps we get so focused on what we see as success that we miss the big picture for these contestants. Trends change. Time tells.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    IHaving said that, I'm sure he'll enjoy a career in country music, but I'm not as sure about his level of success.
    If I had the opportunity to do something I loved and got paid pretty well to do it, I would consider myself a success. If someone wants to be a celebrity, that's a different kind of success, and there's a lot of proof out there from reality TV that you don't even have to have any particular talent to be a celebrity. I think its pretty up to Scotty now, and also the people who are supporting him and how much they want to promote him.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    If I had the opportunity to do something I loved and got paid pretty well to do it, I would consider myself a success.
    ITA. I have been singing that particular song since I've been posting here about AI. How incredibly fortunate to be able to make a living doing something so creative and exciting. Don't get me wrong, I was just musing about his likely degree of success, with the considerations being record sales and overall fame.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey

saw him this morning with Regis....just as cute and articulate as could be. Really impressive outgoing personality in a young man

He did very well with that interview. I learned something new and that is during the stadium rounds, pre-judge and golden ticket round, he sang two country songs and one from Frank Sinatra and a Michael Buble to show he didn't have to be country all the time.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    He did very well with that interview. I learned something new and that is during the stadium rounds, pre-judge and golden ticket round, he sang two country songs and one from Frank Sinatra and a Michael Buble to show he didn't have to be country all the time.
    Funny how they didn't show that at all -- the edit made him seem like a Johnny-One-Note who only knew one song "Baby Lock Them Doors".

I would have loved to have heard Scotty sing Frank Sinatra and/or Michael Buble. There was an early interview with his choral teacher (the one he gave the car to) in which she said she hadn't even known that Scotty sang country before the show aired.

The problem there is that they don't show the initial screening process at the stadium rounds. There is the initial then, if the producers agree, a call-back to the stadium before the decision is made about who to put through to the judges. Once he got into the call back round, they could have decided that his strength was country and that is where they slotted him.

This is the YouTube link for Scotty on Regis and Kelly

YouTube - ‪Scotty McCreery on Regis & Kelly - May 31, 2011‬‏

Take out Michael Buble and replace him with John Mayer.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-31-2011 at 10:21 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I wonder why he only sang country during the competition then?
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

One of our country stations played his song this morning. Not sure it was the first time or not b/c I flip stations a lot. Anyway, it sounded great....he does have a very good radio voice.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    This is the YouTube link for Scotty on Regis and Kelly
    Thanks for that link. I just finished watching it. Scotty is a natural! He does not come off as a 17-year-old kid. He's just incredibly poised and charming and likeable. All those months on Idol, and I did not realize his hair is auburn/reddish -- or is it my TV?

I also wanted to say that I like his song "I Love You This Big" much better accompanied only by a piano, as in this clip.

+ Reply to Thread