+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 57 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    Of course they played Scotty's new song on the local WRAL radio station (Adult Contemporary). Don't know about WQDR, the big country station around here, because I don't listen to country. But that station was all over the place on Scotty's hometown visit, and had him appear on the air down at the station, so I imagine they did play it yesterday.

When I heard the studio version on the radio, I liked it much more than I had on Tuesday night. It's a nice song, though I wish they's gone one better than "nice" and given him a catchy, danceable, upbeat, fun tune.

I am sure they played his song on Ryan Seacrest's syndicated radio show.

Maybe they played his and Lauren's singles today on country radio across the nation.

Scotty has had the #1 song on I-Tunes for the past two days. Lauren is currently #4 on I-Tunes.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    Of course they played Scotty's new song on the local WRAL radio station (Adult Contemporary). Don't know about WQDR, the big country station around here, because I don't listen to country. But that station was all over the place on Scotty's hometown visit, and had him appear on the air down at the station, so I imagine they did play it yesterday.

When I heard the studio version on the radio, I liked it much more than I had on Tuesday night. It's a nice song, though I wish they's gone one better than "nice" and given him a catchy, danceable, upbeat, fun tune.
    I heard it on WQDR today. It sounds good to me on the radio. I also like it better than when I first heard it on Tuesday.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

FORT Fanatic

I think Scotty has a God-given talent of singing. It is a gift. He is young but he will keep improving as he matures, although, for a 17 year old,
    he's a great singer now. Nobody can take away from him what God has blessed him with. I think he will make his parents and many, many
    other people proud. He's already won my heart. I just think he is a super fine young man.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I also said from day one...at the auditions...that Scotty had a really really different voice, especially for a young guy his age. I knew that different voice would go far. He just stood out from the rest, for me.
    He certainly had a different voice for the Idol stage, but he doesn't have a unique voice for the Country genre. He is going to have to find a way to make himself distinctive amongst a group of low voiced cowboys.

In my opinion, Scotty does not have to be unique in his own genre, but he has to be good to make it, and he is already that.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

In my opinion, Scotty does not have to be unique in his own genre, but he has to be good to make it, and he is already that.
    Correct me if I'm wrong (I've been wrong a time or two...), but isn't Scotty unique in that he is a teenage male country singer? Yes, he's good -- but is he also unique by virtue of his current age?

He's cute, but boy-next-door cute, not threateningly so. At the same time, he's more masculine than most teen idols. I just see a niche here that nobody else is filling.

I'm not saying Scotty isn't good, I'm just saying there are a bunch like him already on the Country charts. Josh Turner, Randy Travis, Trace Adkins, Joe Nichols, Jake Owen & Jamey Johnson, all fit the bill. Yes, Scotty is the only teen amongst them, but how far will that take him. I think we have seen in the past, that getting a slough of votes on the show doesn't necessarily translate into a huge post show following. I wish him luck, don't get me wrong, but they are going to need to find a way to differentiate him from all the others.

By the way, he is on track for 180,000 in sales for the first week.

Yes, TeacherLady..Scotty is unique in that he is SO young to sound this good.

Razorbacker, that's my point, though. All these country singers do sound alike.. a lot of them, anyway. So he doesnt have to be unique. Being GOOD is the main thing, and that he is. He'll do fine.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I'm not saying Scotty isn't good, I'm just saying there are a bunch like him already on the Country charts. Josh Turner, Randy Travis, Trace Adkins, Joe Nichols, Jake Owen & Jamey Johnson, all fit the bill. Yes, Scotty is the only teen amongst them, but how far will that take him. I think we have seen in the past, that getting a slough of votes on the show doesn't necessarily translate into a huge post show following. I wish him luck, don't get me wrong, but they are going to need to find a way to differentiate him from all the others.

By the way, he is on track for 180,000 in sales for the first week.
    I saw very little of AI this season - from that limited viewing, I thought Scotty was the clear choice to win this year. Having said that, I have to agree that his young age might not be his ticket to becoming a breakout star in country music. I'm always blown away by the loyalty of country fans, but I also notice that there's not an exceptional amount of young teen fans, and youngsters would be Scotty's target audience.

Then again, Taylor Swift garnered a huge following of young girls...but her sound is pop-oriented, plus she snagged a female audience that is too young to moon over boys. (I speak from personal experience - my 8-year-old daughter and her friends played "Love Story" till the CD wore out.) Justin Bieber and the JoBros aside, young girls are more attracted to female performers - they're more aspirational.

Having said that, I'm sure he'll enjoy a career in country music, but I'm not as sure about his level of success.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey

Of course we don't know now his potential for success. Last year, about this time, loads of people were predicting that Lee would not have any post Idol success.....and they were right. However, they were also predicting the Crystal would be the next Adam with huge succes for a second place finisher......and they were wrong.

+ Reply to Thread