+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 57 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Scotty McCreery Season 10

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Scotty is all over Access Hollywood tonight and he answered a question that has stuck with me since I saw him sitting next to Priscilla Presley during the Top 3 performance show...what was his reaction on meeting the widow of his boyhood idol? He didn't answer that but he did say when they were all done, she leaned over to him and said, "Elvis would have loved you." He said that that is the coolest thing anyone has ever said to him.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I didn't have a horse in this race so I wish both Scotty and Lauren well.

I thought it was very sweet how Lauren went and hugged her mom during her performance (Like My Mother Does) and never felt it was cheesy......then Scotty went and hugged his entire family after his win and I thought that was sweet as well. They're both so young and I thought those were honest gestures on both their parts.

I have to laugh when I read all the comments about people's fingers bleeding with all the voting that was done on Scotty's behalf, though. I think it was a lot of electrical wires and high tech gadgets smoking and burning instead . There have been stories about "power voting" for a while now, and with the number of votes for the finale I can't imagine that being done without a little high tech support. I wonder if they're going to change the voting structure?

Just for thrills and grins I listened to my local country stations today to see if they would play Scotty's new tune. He is the winner of Season 10 of American Idol after all. I wanted to hear what it would sound like played on the radio. No such luck all day. They did not play Lauren or Scotty's songs on any of my local country stations. Is that unusual?
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Of course they played Scotty's new song on the local WRAL radio station (Adult Contemporary). Don't know about WQDR, the big country station around here, because I don't listen to country. But that station was all over the place on Scotty's hometown visit, and had him appear on the air down at the station, so I imagine they did play it yesterday.

When I heard the studio version on the radio, I liked it much more than I had on Tuesday night. It's a nice song, though I wish they's gone one better than "nice" and given him a catchy, danceable, upbeat, fun tune.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I thought Scotty kept right up with Tim.

Scotty DID keep up with Tim McGraw, nicely! In fact we all watched it here, and thought Scotty's deeper voice of the two sounded just as good, if not better.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Scotty is all over Access Hollywood tonight and he answered a question that has stuck with me since I saw him sitting next to Priscilla Presley during the Top 3 performance show...what was his reaction on meeting the widow of his boyhood idol? He didn't answer that but he did say when they were all done, she leaned over to him and said, "Elvis would have loved you." He said that that is the coolest thing anyone has ever said to him.
    Oh, Wow! That is the coolest thing. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by mslady View Post
    I thought Scotty held his own when he sang with Tim McGraw. Actually, I thought that Scotty really sounded a lot like Tim when he sang his first
    solo part. I love my Scotty even more after last night. I would love to meet him and his parents.
    Nicely said! Scotty, love how he sings. I think his new tune So Big is great, nice that he wrote the words. Perfect. A fine song for a fine young man.
    He has won me over with his singing persona!

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by everly2 View Post
    Nicely said! Scotty, love how he sings. I think his new tune So Big is great, nice that he wrote the words. Perfect. A fine song for a fine young man.
    He has won me over with his singing persona!
    Count me in too. Scotty has handled himself with maturity beyond his years. Of course he has a few rough edges, which are endearing and what I love about AI. At least for me, I'm not looking for a seasoned professional. Even with his little idiosyncrasies, I loved watching him on stage. I have no doubt he's going to rise to stardom with that beautiful baritone voice coupled with his winning personality.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    Scotty DID keep up with Tim McGraw, nicely! In fact we all watched it here, and thought Scotty's deeper voice of the two sounded just as good, if not better.
    But Scotty strains on the higher notes. I personally don't think he even came close to Tim McGraw vocally but I'm sure he will get better with time.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    How nice is that? What a kind lady to take the time to go and see him and provide him with such encouagement. You know Elvis started out a lot like Scotty, but the huge fame, islolation, and drugs, changed him into something very different. I hope she gave him a little caution on that too.

+ Reply to Thread