+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Naw, he's just an entertainer playing the sweet-innocent country-boy act. I see nothing particularly moral about him in relation to the other contestants. They all seemed moral to me. However, he deserved to win, based on his solid performances this season.
    --
    --
    You can think its an act if you like, but everything I've heard from anyone who knows him and his family is that what you see is who he is.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

All right everyone, knock off the squabbling. No one is going to convince anyone of anything in this thread, so turn the conversation back to singing.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I think he's great too, but I wish he would remember that Raleigh is a big supporter too. (I live in Raleigh.) I don't recall him ever even saying the name. That bugs me a little. LOL
    Really? I live in Raleigh and it really doesn't bother me. I actually think someone made reference to the fact that he did say Raleigh very early on and there were folks from Garner who were a bit hurt by that. That I can understand. I am sure that Garner may sometimes feel a bit like the "red-headed stepchild" and this was their moment to shine in support of their hometown idol.

FORT Fogey

Scotty and Lauren..two good kids. They never had to bleep them like they bleeped potty mouth Haley..TWICE. Shame on her as any role model for young people...speaks volumes. And her duet sucked. else was better last night, even Lauren with her blown out vocal chords.

Congrats to Scotty and Lauren for staying true to your roots and family values. Looks like Lauren and Scotty have major crushes on each other. So cute.

Viewers may have underestimated the power of country fans and their support and respect for these kids and thus the most votes ever cast for a finale.
    Last edited by Gina28; 05-26-2011 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina28 View Post
    Scotty and Lauren..two good kids. They never had to bleep them like they bleeped potty mouth Haley..TWICE. Shame on her as any role model for young people...speaks volumes. And her duet sucked. Everyone else was better last night, even Lauren with her blown out vocal chords.

Congrats to Scotty and Lauren for staying true to your roots and family values. Looks like Lauren and Scotty have major crushes on each other. So cute.
    See that is all up to opinion. I thought Haley & Tony were right at the top of the list.

Count me in with loving her duet with Tony! I thought they were so sweet together, especially they little dance they did

As for Scotty, he was so adorable to watch when being announced the winner! I hope this fine young man gets the career he longs for.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

Scotty was a solid performer for most of the season, but he just sounded exhausted and kind of weak-voiced during the finale on Tuesday. And last night, his amateur skills were woefully apparent when he was singing with his country idol. Last night, all of the other contestants surpassed both Scotty and Lauren vocally. It was sad for the show.
    --
    ==
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey

I thought Scotty kept right up with Tim.

As of today (Thursday) Scotty is trending #1 on itunes and Lauren is at #3.

ETA: After listening to it in record form, it actually is a good dance tune for a slow dance with a few twirls thrown in. My opinion, anyway.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-26-2011 at 06:34 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fanatic

I thought Scotty held his own when he sang with Tim McGraw. Actually, I thought that Scotty really sounded a lot like Tim when he sang his first
    solo part. I love my Scotty even more after last night. I would love to meet him and his parents.

+ Reply to Thread