+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 57 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Well, I was the first person to post in Scotty's thread, so I'll be the first to post after his win.

Congratulations, Scotty!

Headed out to Scottyville (Garner) this morning for work. I heard on the news that Major Ronnie Williams is going to name a street after Scotty.

There is a ton of stuff at wral.com for die-hard Scotty fans, and I'm sure more will be added over the next few days.

After this area suffered through Clay Aiken coming in second all those years ago, this sure is nice!

P.S. Yes, I know he is another WGWG (white guy with guitar), but at least he's different -- a teenage white guy with guitar who sings country. We've never had that before.

Congrats to Scotty. Well done.

No surprise for me. I had him piacked from the beginning. He just has "it". I predict a big career.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

CONGRATS, Scotty!!! I liked you from your audition....on. So happy for you!!!
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Congratulations Scotty Well deserved win. What a humble gentlemen all the way to the end
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Love it!! Scotty we are happy for your win!!!
    A fine, moral gentleman with good values!!

Good luck, Scotty, we hope you have a wonderful career.

Quote Originally Posted by everly2 View Post
    Love it!! Scotty we are happy for your win!!!
    A fine, moral gentleman with good values!!

Good luck, Scotty, we hope you have a wonderful career.
    Naw, he's just an entertainer playing the sweet-innocent country-boy act. I see nothing particularly moral about him in relation to the other contestants. They all seemed moral to me. However, he deserved to win, based on his solid performances this season.
    --
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Naw, he's just an entertainer playing the sweet-innocent country-boy act. I see nothing particularly moral about him in relation to the other contestants. They all seemed moral to me. However, he deserved to win, based on his solid performances this season.
    --
    --
    agree with you. let's not get carried away with how moral and pious and saintly scotty is. seems like a nice kid, but we don't really know him or know what fame is going to do to him. the truth is, we know very little about him. just because he's a country kid from the south doesn't give him any more values than anyone else.

likewise, we don't know what values the other contestants have. we only know what IDOL gave us.

I have to admit that I was wrong from the beginning. A young co-worker was gushing about Scotty at the start of the season and I told her not to get her hopes up too high about Scotty winning because it was just never going to happen. I said that I thought he had an excellent voice and would probably get a recording contract, but there was no way that I could see him winning. Boy, was I ever wrong.

Scotty was never my favorite, but he seems like a nice enough kid and I wish him well. At least the winner this season can carry a tune. That isn't always the case.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger1rg View Post
    agree with you. let's not get carried away with how moral and pious and saintly scotty is. seems like a nice kid, but we don't really know him or know what fame is going to do to him. the truth is, we know very little about him. just because he's a country kid from the south doesn't give him any more values than anyone else.

likewise, we don't know what values the other contestants have. we only know what IDOL gave us.
    He strikes me as a nice 17 year old kid. I work at a library with many teens coming in. I can spot a nice kid a mile off. It doesn't mean to say I think he is some pious perfect holy man walking around, just your decently raised teenager, imperfections and all.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread