+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 570
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Scotty McCreery Season 10

  1. #31
    FORT Fogey RealVoyeur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,436

    Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

    Scotty seems very affected to me in his performance mannerisms with his lean to the side and the "knowing" grin, even in his interviews everything he says just sounds very calculated to me, he just doesn't come off as very genuine. He immediately got off on the wrong foot with me when he insisted on singing that same Josh Turner song over and over. I like country music but am not really a huge Josh Turner fan, and Scotty's performances just leave me cold.

  2. #32
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by RealVoyeur View Post
    Scotty seems very affected to me in his performance mannerisms with his lean to the side and the "knowing" grin, even in his interviews everything he says just sounds very calculated to me, he just doesn't come off as very genuine. He immediately got off on the wrong foot with me when he insisted on singing that same Josh Turner song over and over. I like country music but am not really a huge Josh Turner fan, and Scotty's performances just leave me cold.
    Yeah, he is young and seems to be affecting mannerisims of older country stars. He lacks a new and youthful approach. Simon would have called him on that. I am not a country music fan so I look for a fresh new take so I can connect to some degree.

    The country fans will keep him for a long time, though.

  3. #33
    To the Point
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,621

    Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

    He only sang the song twice. Granted that is one time too many. It just seems like he sang it over and over because we get to hear clips over and over and over........

  4. #34
    A Swirl of Leaves Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    20,557

    Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

    I've been wondering about his lean to the right and think it might have to do with playing a guitar, which he hasn't done yet. At least his mannerisms are consistent as well they should be after all those young years imitating Elvis, curled lip and all.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  5. #35
    FORT Fogey RealVoyeur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,436

    Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    He only sang the song twice. Granted that is one time too many. It just seems like he sang it over and over because we get to hear clips over and over and over........
    Actually he sang it 3 times, twice before the judges and once when he auditioned for Jordan Dorsey I laughed so hard when Jordan waved him away and cut him off with "no no no no" because that was my same exact response as well!

  6. #36
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,094

    Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by RealVoyeur View Post
    Actually he sang it 3 times, twice before the judges and once when he auditioned for Jordan Dorsey I laughed so hard when Jordan waved him away and cut him off with "no no no no" because that was my same exact response as well!

    And we know what happened to Jordan.....and to Scotty

  7. #37
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    19

    Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

    Would love to see this kid go old school and sing a Glen Campbell song ( Rhinestone Cowboy, By the Time I get to Phoenix) or Charlie Pride's ( Kiss an Angel Good Morning). I agree with the sentiment that he should wear a hat or cap

  8. #38
    FORT Fogey Misty8723's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3,379

    Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by coolarrow View Post
    Would love to see this kid go old school and sing a Glen Campbell song ( Rhinestone Cowboy, By the Time I get to Phoenix) or Charlie Pride's ( Kiss an Angel Good Morning). I agree with the sentiment that he should wear a hat or cap
    Or maybe Galvaston.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

  9. #39
    Romantic Dreamer Love_Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,843

    Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Or maybe Galvaston.
    That song is special to me. I would love if he sang that song.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

  10. #40
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,034

    Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

    I'm late coming into this season, but in coming in late sometimes, you get some different perspectives.
    One is that I can see that this clean-cut kid is enormously popular -first and foremost popular.
    With American Idol that is always important (cough, cough Carrie Underwood)

    Next, just like Carrie Underwood everything he sings is going to sound country. He will give it an honest intention and approach, but it will still be country because just like Carrie, he is country all the way. As such, he could ride this thing all the way through just like she did straight into Nashville.
    Would that be a bad thing for AI?
    He is Country which is not typical for AI, but then so was Carrie, and she has been by far their biggest winner. They want a winner....

    Regardless, of whether he wins AI or not, this kid is going straight to Nashville as soon as he is off this show by the first means of available transport.

    I don't even listen to country music except when I am with my brother, but I have this one figured out!
    He is loaded with charisma, and that deep voice is a gotcha.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

    - John McMillan

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.