+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 56 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by mslady View Post
    I have to say that I have seen some quality characteristics from Scotty. He impresses me as a very genuine, sincere young man. I commend his parents, as they
    are likely the ones who have installed these qualities in him. I love his attitude and have enjoyed watching him this season. I hope he wins. If not, then I
    wish him all the best. I hope he has a great career.
    I haven't seen any quality characteristics from Scotty. I think he is a solid performer, but he doesn't seem any more sincere than anyone else on the show. If anything, he seems kinda stuck up to me, but that's only after watching his 2-minute interviews each week. And I don't commend his parents. No matter how poised he seems on the show, his and Lauren's parents have no business allowing their children to be subjected to this show at such a tender age. And, I, having never met Scotty, his parents, his siblings or his grandparents, can't guess what values they instilled in him.
    --
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

I'm not that big a fan of Scotty's. I do think he has a terrific voice, but he does tend to sound very similar in most songs. I did, however, really enjoy his 2nd song last week.

As far as commenting on him as a person, he seems like a sweet kid. Lauren does, too.

While I do prefer rock and blues and jazz and the like, I couldn't get at all behind Haley. I liked her early in the season when she did Blue, bt then her screeching just got to me. And, her personality was the final nail in the coffin. Neither Scotty nor Lauren has seemed to come across as smug and arrogant as she did. So, while I'm not that big on country, I think this final 2 is fitting.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    I haven't seen any quality characteristics from Scotty. I think he is a solid performer, but he doesn't seem any more sincere than anyone else on the show. If anything, he seems kinda stuck up to me, but that's only after watching his 2-minute interviews each week. And I don't commend his parents. No matter how poised he seems on the show, his and Lauren's parents have no business allowing their children to be subjected to this show at such a tender age. And, I, having never met Scotty, his parents, his siblings or his grandparents, can't guess what values they instilled in him.
    --
    --
    I don't know Scotty, but I leave near Garner and from everything I've been hearing, he is a very decent, down to earth guy. I haven't seen anything that would indicate to me that he is stuck up and during his home visit he seemed genuinely appreciative of everything. Like I said, I don't personally know him, so I'm just going by what I have seen and heard.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Interesting (for Scotty fans) article about his chorus teacher planning to fly out to see the finale:

Choral teacher plans trip to see 'Idol' student :: WRAL.com

Stuff from last Sunday's local paper about the whole "Scotty thing":

http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/05/22/1215570/his-life-changes-but-scotty-hasnt.html
    Last edited by TeacherLady; 05-24-2011 at 05:58 AM.

Scotty has a cute dry sense of humor. I see nothing whatsoever stuck up about the kid. What I see is a kid who wants this bad.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

Scotty seems like a nice, respectful kid to me too. I haven't noticed even a hint of his being stuck-up in any of the clips I've seen. Scotty wasn't my favorite, but he's got a great voice and I wish him well.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    While I do prefer rock and blues and jazz and the like, I couldn't get at all behind Haley. I liked her early in the season when she did Blue, bt then her screeching just got to me. And, her personality was the final nail in the coffin. Neither Scotty nor Lauren has seemed to come across as smug and arrogant as she did. So, while I'm not that big on country, I think this final 2 is fitting.
    Haley, James, Jacob and even Lauren, have all been accused of being arrogant this year. Last year Adam, Danny and Kris were accused of being arrogant, many times. I guess American Idol really attracts jerks as contestants. Thankfully the sweet, angelic and modest Scotty has rescued American Idol from its parade of meanies.
    --
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Haley, James, Jacob and even Lauren, have all been accused of being arrogant this year. Last year Adam, Danny and Kris were accused of being arrogant, many times. I guess American Idol really attracts jerks as contestants. Thankfully the sweet, angelic and modest Scotty has rescued American Idol from its parade of meanies.
    --
    --
    The bottom line is since we don't know these people, we can only go by what we perceive. Some of them do seem more full of themselves than others do, but maybe what I see as arrogant someone else won't. Maybe its part of the fun to pick people apart, because as hard as I try to remain neutral and just enjoy the show, I almost never manage it (see previous posts about Haley).
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Turns out my dental hygenist lives in Garner and has known Scotty and family for years. She has nothing but praise for all of them.

I"m not surprised at all, Misty8723.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

+ Reply to Thread