+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Its all a matter of taste and opinion. I haven't found either of them to be a bore or "somewhat amusing." There were some on there I did find a "bore" but apparently a lot of other people did too because they're gone.
    SO true. In regards to the bolded - apparently most of America didn't think so, either.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    SO true. In regards to the bolded - apparently most of America didn't think so, either.
    Naw, the voters of American Idol are not "most of America." They are tween texters with a powerful voting block. "Most of America" voted for Lee Dewyze last year. Apparently those who voted him didn't like him enough to buy his album. That's okay. Maybe the cuddly country couple, Scotty and Lauren, will do better.
    --
    ---
    Last edited by pillbeam; 05-22-2011 at 07:58 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Naw, the voters of American Idol are not "most of America." They are tween texters with a powerful voting block. "Most of America" voted for Lee Dewyze last year. Apparently those who voted him didn't like him enough to buy his album. That's okay. Maybe the cuddly country couple, Scotty and Lauren, will do better.
    --
    ---
    Doesn't explain then why Taylor Hicks won his season.

it's been a wild ride! Parkhillian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    --
    ---
    Well being 48, I don't consider myself a "tween texter", nor do a few of my friends that also support Scotty and Lauren with votes. I'm not a big fan of country, but I can honestly say that I would buy both of their albums, where I would not with Haley. I would probably buy Paul's as well.

I found Haley to have some moments of brilliance, but more often then not she was screechy and not to my liking.

I like Scotty and Lauren and they seem to be humble and talented individuals whose singing I happen to enjoy. And from the looks of things, I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Looking forward to the finale, can't believe the season is almost over already. If I was a betting woman, I'd put my money on Scotty ftw!

Most of the tweens and teens I know voted for Haley....not many voted for Scottie and/or Lauren. I'm not a tween or teen...in my 30's....and I didn't care for Haley....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by Parkhillian View Post
    Well being 48, I don't consider myself a "tween texter", nor do a few of my friends that also support Scotty and Lauren with votes. I'm not a big fan of country, but I can honestly say that I would buy both of their albums, where I would not with Haley. I would probably buy Paul's as well.!
    I also don't fall into the Tween category, nor would I text a vote under any circumstances - costs too much money. It was also too much of a pain in the neck doing it through face book - so I'll stick to phoning in my votes.

I also agree that I would buy Scotty, Lauren, and possibly Paul's CDs - but not Haleys.

I found Haley to have some moments of brilliance, but more often then not she was screechy and not to my liking..
    Haley's best moment was Blue - and that got panned by a lot of people on this site. I can't stand the screeching.

I like Scotty and Lauren and they seem to be humble and talented individuals whose singing I happen to enjoy. And from the looks of things, I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Looking forward to the finale, can't believe the season is almost over already. If I was a betting woman, I'd put my money on Scotty ftw!
    Same here. If people who know Scotty in Garner are to be believed (and I don't see why they wouldn't be), he's the kind of young man any mother would be happy to have her daughter bring home. Lauren seems like the same kind of person. I wish them both well...whoever wins. I'm really looking forward to this finale more than any in a long time.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    Most of the tweens and teens I know voted for Haley....not many voted for Scottie and/or Lauren. I'm not a tween or teen...in my 30's....and I didn't care for Haley....
    I know a lot of them who are voting for Scotty.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Well being 48, I don't consider myself a "tween texter", nor do a few of my friends that also support Scotty and Lauren with votes. I'm not a big fan of country, but I can honestly say that I would buy both of their albums, where I would not with Haley. I would probably buy Paul's as well.

I found Haley to have some moments of brilliance, but more often then not she was screechy and not to my liking.

Same here, Parkhillian. I'm no "tween voter/texter", either. I"m also looking forward very much to the finale. More so than any season, because I like both Lauren and Scotty a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    Doesn't explain then why Taylor Hicks won his season.
    Taylor Hicks won before texting was a huge phenomenom with American Idol. I don't think he could have won today (and I'm a big fan of his).
    --
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fanatic

I have to say that I have seen some quality characteristics from Scotty. He impresses me as a very genuine, sincere young man. I commend his parents, as they
    are likely the ones who have installed these qualities in him. I love his attitude and have enjoyed watching him this season. I hope he wins. If not, then I
    wish him all the best. I hope he has a great career.

+ Reply to Thread