+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 57 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac View Post
    To me Rock IS rock. And Alanis Morisette is not rock. Stevie Nicks is not rock. But, that's in IMO. And I will agree to disagree also.

for the record though, I love country. I'm from Alabama and have been listening to it all my life. It's my favorite genre. And, I never said Haley was thrown under the bus last night. I just said Scotty wasn't. There's a difference.
    Stevie Nicks is most definitely considered rock. She and Fleetwood Mac were one of the most popular rock groups in the 70's.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

To me Rock IS rock. And Alanis Morisette is not rock. Stevie Nicks is not rock. But, that's in IMO. And I will agree to disagree also.

for the record though, I love country. I'm from Alabama and have been listening to it all my life. It's my favorite genre. And, I never said Haley was thrown under the bus last night. I just said Scotty wasn't. There's a difference.
    Alanis Morissette is alternative rock and damn good at it.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine2 View Post
    Thanks for my new ring tone. Love Chris Young who was a winner from Nasville Star. Not sure if Scotty has the life experience to sing this song. He sure would look silly doing that video. I hope he gets with a good video crew which is what I think set Carrie on her career path along with her great voice. Its funny the way she use to tap the mic bothered me while she was on idol.
    Yeah, I know he may not have lived enough to feel all the words, but enough of them to make the girls love it. The part about taking her in his two strong arms.....I think the girls would love it!

Plus, the Kenny Rogers song was not for an young boy either. (Taking off his clothes with the light out so she won't awake! He's 17! I think the judges must have lost their mind on that choice.)

From Top 100 Rock Bands of All-Time*-*AVRev.com

Top 100 ROCK bands of all time. #27 - Fleetwood Mac.

Note the diversity on this list that are all considered Rock. Can't cover any genre with an umbrella and say all the songs are the same.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    From Top 100 Rock Bands of All-Time*-*AVRev.com

Top 100 ROCK bands of all time. #27 - Fleetwood Mac.

Note the diversity on this list that are all considered Rock. Can't cover any genre with an umbrella and say all the songs are the same.
    Okay, I digress about Stevie Nicks, and my sincerest apologies. But I stand firm that on a night when the judges and Iovine could have thrown different genres at Lauren and Scotty, they still got all country. Yawn.

[EDIT deleting blog address]

I actually looked at that blog comment from Phyllis Stark. Seems she sought out dj's who dislike Scotty and had no problem insulting and personally attacking him. Very mean and uncalled for IMO. Seems many others felt the same way and she was showered with complaints by people who feel differently, including many other radio station announcers in country music. Obviously, they don't know much about Scotty. He's a nice, clean cut guy with talent. I hope they feel very proud of themselves for kicking the guy.

Radio stations in the past have refused to play other artists music too. such as Loretta Lynn, Elvis, Zeppelin, so, I'm not worried.

I suspect Ms. Stark was just trying to garner (pardon the pun) some attention for her little blog.

What in the world are they talking about saying he sounds like other artists? Many male artists and female artists sound similar, especially when they are new. And what songs would he do if he didn't do current hits from other artists. That's what new artists do. They do cover songs.

Here's a link to a response in NewsWeek that says it better than I can.
    Pro-Scotty McCreery radio forces speak up - Idol Chatter: American Idol News, Rumors, & Information
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-20-2011 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    [EDIT deleting blog address]

I actually looked at that blog comment from Phyllis Stark. Seems she sought out dj's who dislike Scotty and had no problem insulting and personally attacking him. Very mean and uncalled for IMO. Seems many others felt the same way and she was showered with complaints by people who feel differently, including many other radio station announcers in country music. Obviously, they don't know much about Scotty. He's a nice, clean cut guy with talent. I hope they feel very proud of themselves for kicking the guy.

Radio stations in the past have refused to play other artists music too. such as Loretta Lynn, Elvis, Zeppelin, so, I'm not worried.

I suspect Ms. Stark was just trying to garner (pardon the pun) some attention for her little blog.

What in the world are they talking about saying he sounds like other artists? Many male artists and female artists sound similar, especially when they are new. And what songs would he do if he didn't do current hits from other artists. That's what new artists do. They do cover songs.

Here's a link to a response in NewsWeek that says it better than I can.
    Pro-Scotty McCreery radio forces speak up - Idol Chatter: American Idol News, Rumors, & Information
    Cool! I would say that Josh Turner showing up for his homecoming should say a little something too. Thanks for the link
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Cool! I would say that Josh Turner showing up for his homecoming should say a little something too. Thanks for the link
    I think it says that Josh Turner wouldn't mind being seen by AI's 30 millon viewers, just like Lady Gaga. It's not like Josh would have shown up if Scotty were a finalist in the North Carolina State Fair talent contest.
    --
    --
    Last edited by pillbeam; 05-20-2011 at 03:17 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    I think it says that Josh Turner wouldn't mind being seen by 30 millon viewers, just like Lady Gaga. -- --
    Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    Regarding Haley's attitude when she was told her "dream" was over. She could have put on a happy face, but goodness people, she was "this" close to the brass ring and it all came down. The judges have done themselves no favor by reaming her while giving sub par performances glowing reviews. If I hear "Well, that last note was spectacular" when the rest of the song was crap after a critique, I might throw something at my beloved TV. I think when you are being rail roaded to being voted off the way the panel has done the last several weeks, some attitude is warrented. It may have turned off some fans, this is true. But they weren't likely to vote for her anyway. But I would rather see an artist stand up for themselves than crumble as many people facing the same circumstances would have. She didn't win the show, but she won many fans. And I was not a fan early in the season.
    She would do better to put on the happy face anyway and show some class. Plenty of other people have stood in her shoes and seen their dream end. Its not like, oh well you lost, you'll never sing in public again. Jimmy I. is already getting a CD ready for her I've heard, so what did she really lose? How much does that Idol crown mean anyway. I never saw her being railroaded anywhere, plenty of other contestants got less than rave reviews this season although people conveniently forget that when its convenient. The contestants I think have it right neither "stand up for themselves" by rolling their eyes, cursing, and proclaiming themselves perfect just the way they are or the ones who crumble and cry. The ones who listen respectfully and take whatever they choose from the critique are the smart ones, in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    IAnyways this is what TPTB have been angling for all season long. They wanted two teenagers who sing country music to battle it out in the F2.
    Why would they want that? Is country that popular?
    I agree. This is a reality show, not a true singing contest. I would say the (perceived) personality of a contestant is much more important to winning this show than talent, or else folks like Lee DeWyze or Sanjaya would never have made it as far as they did. However, the bottom line is that Haley did reach Top 3 of this season, surpassing James, Casey, Pia, Jacob etc. So her personality was more than satisfactory for millions of voters. -- --
    Partly because of people getting themselves worked up over Randy being "mean" to poor little Haley. Hey, let's stick to the judges and vote!
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-20-2011 at 10:02 PM.

I think it says that Josh Turner wouldn't mind being seen by AI's 30 millon viewers, just like Lady Gaga. It's not like Josh would have shown up if Scotty were a finalist in the North Carolina State Fair talent contest.
    --
    --
    You probably got that one right.

+ Reply to Thread