+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 57 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    It was boring even when Kenny Rogers sang it. Not in Scotty's wheelhouse at all - there's not just one generic "country" umbrella, and I knew when I heard that's what they picked for him it wasn't going to be good.
    That's nuts. There are different types, I agree. But country is country. It was a boring song, yes. There were better songs for Scotty, yes. But country is still Scotty's thing and he sang all country last night. Same with Lauren.

I agree with Razorbacker.

I guess the question is though, how many Scotty fans are going to refuse to vote for him because he had to sing that Kenny Rogers song? You either like him anyway or you don't.

Actually, it's difficult to predict who will vote for any of them based on those performances. You probably already have your favorite and that's who you will vote for.

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac View Post
    That's nuts. There are different types, I agree. But country is country. It was a boring song, yes. There were better songs for Scotty, yes. But country is still Scotty's thing and he sang all country last night. Same with Lauren.

I agree with Razorbacker.
    Yeah? Rock is rock? No difference between Aerosmith and the Eagles? I will agree to disagree with both of you. Haley sang all rock So what? If you don't like country I guess you would think there were no nuances and it all the sounds the same to you, but I grew up listening to country, and there are distinct differences. There are even better Kenny Rogers songs they could have picked for him. There was nothing in that song to get excited about no matter how well he might have pulled it off.

I guess its okay to think Haley is being sabotaged, but no one else.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

FORT Regular

Kenny Rogers song was really a sneaky bad selection for Scotty -- not only stretched him too far, but he was off pitch through much of it.

The country-rock choice was boring, but I feel like that sounded most like what I envision him recording.

I'd be interested to see the real voting breakdowns -- Scotty's fanblock I bet is huge.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Yes. We have known Scotty would win from day one. This has contributed to the boredom I have felt all season. And it doesn't matter who goes with him. The girls are going to have a career or not and it makes no difference in where they place. This goes for Scotty, too. Hard to know if he will make a big splash in the country scene. Winning this is no guarantee.
    It is no guarantee, but then you had Sheryl Crow saying she couldn't wait until Scotty got to Nashville to sing with him. Sheryl Crow isn't chicken scratch...

For all practical purposes, Scotty seems pretty marketable. Throw in a few songs with some low, low notes on an album, and I think you have a winner.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

If Scotty does make it, I hope it does this new song by Chris Young called Tomorrow. It's just beautiful and I can hear him doing it well.

What do you think? Here's a link: (It's from You Tube, I hope it's okay to post it. I checked the rules and didn't see anything against posting it. If there's a problem someone please post or PM me so I can remove it.

YouTube - ‪Chris Young - Tomorrow‬‏

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    It is no guarantee, but then you had Sheryl Crow saying she couldn't wait until Scotty got to Nashville to sing with him. Sheryl Crow isn't chicken scratch...

For all practical purposes, Scotty seems pretty marketable. Throw in a few songs with some low, low notes on an album, and I think you have a winner.
    I am not sure how sincere that comment was. It was a nice compliment in the moment but I don't see her craving to sing old style country music with Scotty. It isn't her style.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Yeah? Rock is rock? No difference between Aerosmith and the Eagles? I will agree to disagree with both of you. Haley sang all rock So what? If you don't like country I guess you would think there were no nuances and it all the sounds the same to you, but I grew up listening to country, and there are distinct differences. There are even better Kenny Rogers songs they could have picked for him. There was nothing in that song to get excited about no matter how well he might have pulled it off.

I guess its okay to think Haley is being sabotaged, but no one else.
    To me Rock IS rock. And Alanis Morisette is not rock. Stevie Nicks is not rock. But, that's in IMO. And I will agree to disagree also.

for the record though, I love country. I'm from Alabama and have been listening to it all my life. It's my favorite genre. And, I never said Haley was thrown under the bus last night. I just said Scotty wasn't. There's a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    3 songs right in his wheelhouse & he sucked the life out of 2 of them. The Kenny Rogers song was one of the bost boring performances in the history of the show.
    What a great way to put it, razorbacker. I don't know whether I agree entirely about his performances, but I love your way with words. However, I do think Scotty has the one key ingredient that's been missing from most of the Top 11--charisma--as Bloomers put it so well. Scotty is oozing with it...sometimes to the point of nausea for me (see the mugging facial expressions, the coy mic treatment and flitatious head tilting). Although, I think he's dropped the weird mic stuff, finally. The bottom line is that Scotty injects a lot of his personality into his singing, he can tell a story through song and he makes it look easy. Those three talents are possessed by all of the great performers.
    --
    --
    Last edited by pillbeam; 05-19-2011 at 12:49 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    If Scotty does make it, I hope it does this new song by Chris Young called Tomorrow. It's just beautiful and I can hear him doing it well.

What do you think? Here's a link: (It's from You Tube, I hope it's okay to post it. I checked the rules and didn't see anything against posting it. If there's a problem someone please post or PM me so I can remove it.

YouTube - ‪Chris Young - Tomorrow‬‏
    Thanks for my new ring tone. Love Chris Young who was a winner from Nasville Star. Not sure if Scotty has the life experience to sing this song. He sure would look silly doing that video. I hope he gets with a good video crew which is what I think set Carrie on her career path along with her great voice. Its funny the way she use to tap the mic bothered me while she was on idol.

+ Reply to Thread