+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 57 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Scotty McCreery Season 10

To the Point

Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    His sister -- he called her "Sis", which I must admit I thought was odd. The producers may have told him to say that in order for the connection to be made for the audience -- who knows?
    I don't think it's odd, so maybe it's a southern thing. I have several friends who have sisters and that is the way they greet them. My Dad's family also does this. As you said, who knows.

FORT Fan

Thanks for correcting me -- seriously! I thought maybe that was a southern thing, but I also knew that they were trying to be clear to the audience. Makes sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    I don't think it's odd, so maybe it's a southern thing. I have several friends who have sisters and that is the way they greet them. My Dad's family also does this. As you said, who knows.
    Its not just a southern thing, I'm from the north and hear people greeting their sister and sis. I even had an Aunt who we all called Sis.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I sometimes call my brother "bro".
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Fan

OK, OK -- I was out of touch!! Can't tell you what I sometimes call MY brother!! LOL

FORT Fogey

Man, I just crack up listening to Scotty singing, "Baby, turn the lights down low.."
    Now that deep sound is one I could listen to for quite a while!
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

I think Scotty did great last night with songs one and two. He actually did justice to the Kenny Rogers song too, as much as was possible. That was too old of a song for such a young man, IMO.

He looked a little down with the judges were saying the best of the night were Lauren and Haley. Despite his popularity so far, do you think he can hang in there tonight? It will be so sad if he comes up short tonight.

3 songs right in his wheelhouse & he sucked the life out of 2 of them. The Kenny Rogers song was one of the bost boring performances in the history of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    3 songs right in his wheelhouse & he sucked the life out of 2 of them. The Kenny Rogers song was one of the bost boring performances in the history of the show.
    It was boring even when Kenny Rogers sang it. Not in Scotty's wheelhouse at all - there's not just one generic "country" umbrella, and I knew when I heard that's what they picked for him it wasn't going to be good.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Man, I just crack up listening to Scotty singing, "Baby, turn the lights down low.."
    Now that deep sound is one I could listen to for quite a while!
    Me too! They shouldn't be trying to force him into the upper register - let him stick with what he's good at. I don't understand why "range" is so important anyway.

+ Reply to Thread