+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 57 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Scotty McCreery Season 10

To the Point

Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

One of the most touching moments was when Scotty was shown going to Garner Magnet HS and visiting with some of his closest friends. This kid is well loved by a whole lot of people it would seem and it appeared that his friends are a very close bunch. He was VERY emotional. Garner did him proud. They really put it all out there.

The mayor of Garner estimated between 20,000 & 25,000 had come out but I thought maybe that might be generous, however, I am not familiar with Lake Benson so I couldn't really get a true read on what might have been a good guestimate. There were some shots that would make that number very believable. I'm just not familiar with that park so I have no point of reference. When I hear or read something that gives any further info on #s I'll try to remember to update info.

Hope it's okay to post this link: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...d-raleigh.html
    Last edited by NCLurker; 05-14-2011 at 11:53 PM.

To the Point

The NC State baseball game was cancelled due to rain (though I believe they said he did get the first pitch thrown...not sure). Anyway, Scotty and the State team used the tarp covering the field as a slip and slide. I think the mascot even did it with them.

This kid has had quite the homecoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I would say Scotty is a pretty nice kid too.

IMO Haley is a nice kid too. Most of the contestants this season seem to be "nice" kids. Without ever meeting any of these contestants who knows what they are really like in their everyday lives though. I don't even know how this topic of who is nice or not nice got started, but it doesn't really matter to me one way or the other.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    The NC State baseball game was cancelled due to rain (though I believe they said he did get the first pitch thrown...not sure). Anyway, Scotty and the State team used the tarp covering the field as a slip and slide. I think the mascot even did it with them.

This kid has had quite the homecoming.
    Video from WRAL of Scotty "Slip and Sliding" with the N.C. State baseball team, after they finally called the game off due to rain:

American Idol's Scotty McCreery gets wet with NCSU baseball team - WRALSportsFan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    IMO Haley is a nice kid too. Most of the contestants this season seem to be "nice" kids. Without ever meeting any of these contestants who knows what they are really like in their everyday lives though. I don't even know how this topic of who is nice or not nice got started, but it doesn't really matter to me one way or the other.
    I agree, they all seem nice. I guess its irrelevant to their music if they're nice or not. I just came in with the Scotty comment since this is Scotty's thread.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Scotty McCreery Returns to Screaming Fans in Hometown

True to his word to kiss the grass when he returned to his hometown of Garner, N.C., Scotty McCreery fell to the ground and buried his face in the freshly cut lawn.

"Ah, Carolina grass," the American Idol finalist told his family and friends who rushed to greet him when the limo pulled up in front of his house Saturday.

"I cut the grass just for this occasion," his father Michael McCreery said while giving him a big hug.

May 14, 2011, was proclaimed Scotty McCreery Day by the mayor in honor of the 17-year-old hometown hero who put the community of 25,000 on the map.

Garner residents came out in droves to get a glimpse of McCreery wherever he popped up: at the local Lowe's Foods store where he used to bag groceries, at his local high school, where friends, fellow baseball team players, teachers and fans jammed the front steps and hallways.

The streets along a parade route were lined with fans, from grandparents to 'tweens carrying signs of adoration such as "Carolina girls love Scotty," "Scotties Hotties," and even an Irish Setter wearing a sign that claimed, "I watch Scotty too."

More than 30,000 people, a crowd larger than the annual 4th of July celebration at the park, stood should to shoulder, singing along to a medley of McCreery's favorites.

"I have missed you so, so much," McCreery told the crowd.

"I am so proud of you, I am so thankful I come from such a good town.

You did this for me."

After a short time to visit with family and friends and a lunch of his favorites: Bojangles fried chicken (spicy and regular), warm mulberry biscuits drizzled with icing and a large sweet tea, McCreery was off to the ballpark to practice pitches.

The climax was his surprise drop-in at his prom.

"I'm so excited to he here. I thought I would have to miss my prom," he said. "Oh my gosh, it's such an honor to be back here."
    American Idol: Scotty McCreery's Homecoming : People.com
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Fan

Makes me teary-eyed to read about such a grateful young man. Ninety-nine percent of my high school students would never be able to realize what wonderful opportunities we have in life.

Love Scotty! He's just your all - American good kid. He seems to really appreciate his fans and hometown.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    Scotty McCreery Returns to Screaming Fans in Hometown

American Idol: Scotty McCreery's Homecoming : People.com

"I'm so excited to he here. I thought I would have to miss my prom," he said. "Oh my gosh, it's such an honor to be back here."

In the middle of all that, he thinks about his prom!
    That goes to show you that he is still just a kid.

It's been so long ago, but I am trying to remember if there was anything more important my senior year in high school than the prom. I'm happy for him.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Fanatic

I wonder if he has a girlfriend?

+ Reply to Thread