+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 57 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

I don't hate anyone, but maybe I was more annoyed because I felt Lauren Turner and Kendra Chantelle had stronger singing voices then Karen. It is all a moot point now anyways.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    If this was a contest about who the nicest contestant is this season then Lauren would be the winner. Good thing it isn't.
    I would say Scotty is a pretty nice kid too.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Scotty is now on stage singing "Gone" and sounds really good.

Right before that, it was the usual Major proclaiming today Scotty McCreery day in Garner, and local rep from the NC General Assembly proclaiming the same in the whole state of NC.

Scotty thanked the good folks of Garner and North Carolina, and also thanked God and expressed his love for same.

Now singing "Long Black Train".

Now "Letter from Home".

He sounds great even in an outdoor venue -- and has such stage presense and ease.

Talking about his faith in God again. About to sing "his theme song" -- "Baby, Lock them doors", I presume. Yep, that it's it.

Scotty: "Oh my God, Oh, my goodness". Josh turner walked out on stage. They are going to sing it together. This is a surprise for Scotty! Josh Turner brought a bunch of his band guys. They sound great together!
    Last edited by TeacherLady; 05-14-2011 at 04:02 PM.

I will buy Scotty's CD when it comes out. I just love his voice.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Josh Turner just showed up and he and Scotty are doing a duet of I'm Your Man.

FORT Fan

This sounds like a day Scotty won't ever forget!! At this point he can just stay home and still feel like the winner. He is such a gracious young man -- what a gem!!

Now he and Josh Turner are singing "Long Black Train", which they say is a Randy Travis song.

Josh says Randy was his hero growing up, and Scotty says Josh is his, because he's a good Christian man who conducts himself as such even in Nashville with all the songs about "drinkin' ". (Paraphrase, but that's the gist of it.)

Boy, you can't get much more small town, Mom, apple pie, sweet tea, and Jesus than Scotty McCreery. I'm not making fun -- it's obviously genuine.
    They even announced at one point that he had made the Honor Roll at Garner High despite having to send his schoolwork out to Hollywood.

This kid is so poised, relaxed, and professional onstage that it's hard to believe he's only 17.

At the end he sang a song about looking at photos in an album, something about "my whole life in black and white". Sorry, I don't know country music very well at all.

He thanked everybody again, and said he intended to work his tail off to win and bring back the title to Garner, North Carolina. Teared up at the end, and supposedly jumped off the stage into the crowd, causing the girls to shriek wildly.

At this point, I don't think there is anything that can stop the Scotty train.

ETA: Did some research. The song about looking at black and white pictires is "In Color" by Jamey Johnson
    Last edited by TeacherLady; 05-14-2011 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    What would happen if week after week at work all your co workers were applauded for their successes while you were pummeled for basically the same, if not better performances. You might take it for awhile but eventually you would blow. Haley is no different.

Scotty singing Kenny Rogers? No stretching the boundaries of possible with that one eh?
    Well I guess I heard what the judges heard, Haley screammed the 2nd half of the MJ song, it just didn't sound good, she can sing better than that. And the situation above did happen to me & instead of making faces & being snarky in front of co-workers I s/w the sup in private in a courteous manner, cleared up some things, months later ended up getting a promotion. It's always better to take the high road, she should have focused on the standing ovation she got for the 2nd song.

Glad Scotty's having a great time on his home town visit, hope Lauren & Haley have fun too.

Clip of Scotty being surprised by Josh Turner while singing "Your Man" (Baby, lock them doors...)

Josh Turner surprises 'Idol' Scotty :: WRAL.com

+ Reply to Thread