+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 57 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I doubt that. The only problem I have with Haley is when she makes those pouty faces when the judges are talking. I liked her a lot in the beginning, but that's just a total turn off for me.
    What would happen if week after week at work all your co workers were applauded for their successes while you were pummeled for basically the same, if not better performances. You might take it for awhile but eventually you would blow. Haley is no different.

Scotty singing Kenny Rogers? No stretching the boundaries of possible with that one eh?

"Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    What would happen if week after week at work all your co workers were applauded for their successes while you were pummeled for basically the same, if not better performances. You might take it for awhile but eventually you would blow. Haley is no different.

Scotty singing Kenny Rogers? No stretching the boundaries of possible with that one eh?
    I'm not sure about the song for Scotty either....but I get the feeling that the judges have been trying to sell him as old-school country. I'm not a country fan, so I have no knowledge, but bringing back a Kenny Rogers vibe might do it.

Regarding your comment about Haley, I could buy your take on it if this past week were the first time that Haley reacted...if after week in and week out she just took the criticism like a lady and then FINALLY blew! But she has been obnoxious for most of the season. Pouts, cursing under her breath and outloud (remember when then had to bleep her after Jimmy's comments?), eye rolls, arguing.... I bet that Randy, JLo and Jimmy are sick of her antics just as much!!

Not so much for Steven -- he is always leering at her body!! I don't think he even listens!!

If this was a contest about who the nicest contestant is this season then Lauren would be the winner. Good thing it isn't.

They just had the mayor of Garner on screen, and a little before that they showed Scotty at the high school in tears greeting his friends, teachers, coaches, etc.

The mayor estimated 20 - 25 thousand people there at the park today.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    If this was a contest about who the nicest contestant is this season then Lauren would be the winner. Good thing it isn't.
    I kinda thought that Karen seemed the nicest of the top thirteen....

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    They just had the mayor of Garner on screen, and a little before that they showed Scotty at the high school in tears greeting his friends, teachers, coaches, etc.

The mayor estimated 20 - 25 thousand people there at the park today.
    Wow -- I bet his baseball coach is so proud of him!! Thanks for the updates!

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    Really? I thought she seemed like one of the most annoying. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    I'm with you. I never "got" all the hatred for Karen. I even enjoyed her singing.

I'm watching the live stream from WRAL at my computer, rather than running back and forth from the TV to the computer. (We don't have wireless yet in my house.)

He hasn't started performing yet.

Again, here's the link if anyone is interested:

http://www.wral.com/news/video/9596943/#/vid9596943

Apparently Scotty went to his old supermarket this morning (Lowe's Foods) and checked out a few groceries while people cheered and snapped pictures. They just showed a video snip-it. Of course, he had to check out a Granny Smith apple... (He mentioned more than once this season on Idol that he still remembered the code for Granny Smith apples.)

There will be a "special surprise guest" to sing with Scotty. Hint is that this person has a deep voice. Maybe one of the famous deep-voiced country singers he emulates?
    Last edited by TeacherLady; 05-14-2011 at 03:42 PM.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    Really? I thought she seemed like one of the most annoying. JMO
    Best part of life is that we are free to our own opinions! I thought Karen was a lovely lady and grateful for her opportunity.

I guess that it is great for YOU that she left so early so you didn't have to deal with her on a weekly basis.

+ Reply to Thread