+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 57 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Cheesy and corny are similar to me. Maybe I don't look at them quite the way you do?
    I am not particularly a country fan, but I have never gone out of my way to leave if something comes on the TV or the radio and I am around. In addition, I grew up with a Dad who used to talk about listening to the (old) Grand Ole Oprey.
    When I was young, I did watch HeeHaw. That is as corny as you can get, but I have fond memories of all of that.

I don't listen to country now, but it doesn't bother me, and I think that though those folks can give off some corny, cheesy jokes and remarks, (lyrics in their songs sometimes too), at the same time, they give off a vibe that they wouldn't mind if you just joined them in their living room and sat for a while - comfortable.
    Having been to CMA Music Fest the past 5 years I can tell you that Country artists are the most down to earth approachable group of entertainers around. They all seem to be nice folks.

Scotty article from the Raleigh News & Observer:

Garner fans roar as Scotty moves up - Scotty Watch - NewsObserver.com

Again, if Scotty were a girl, she would get crucified for tilting her head, holding the mic with two hands and propping up her eyebrows. She would be accused of trying to flirt.
    Can you imagine if Haley held her microphone like Scotty does. This is exactly what would happen.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    What difference how the kid holds his microphone? All I care about is that I love his voice, he had hold the microphone any darn way he pleases.
    Good answer, sweetie! When you purchase Scotty's album you won't see his microphone at all -- so those who are critical of that are just posturing so that anyone will listen!

Scotty's hometown visit schedule:

Scotty McCreery

Join us at Lake Benson Park (921 Buffaloe Road) Saturday for a homecoming parade and concert featuring Scotty McCreery!

People should plan to be at the park no later than NOON if they want to participate in all of the Scotty homecoming events. The parade starts in front of the park on Buffaloe, turns into park and ends near the stage area.

Pets, tents and coolers will NOT be allowed in the park. No RVs will be permitted to enter the park. Parking shuttles will be available 10 a.m.-5 p.m. at Bryan Farm, located at 1832 New Bethel Church Road. RVs can park at this site. Food and non-alcoholic beverages will be sold at the event.

The Greater Raleigh Convention and Visitors Bureau has created this very helpful webpage for people thinking about visiting Garner for the Scotty homecoming.

Schedule for Scotty Homecoming (rain or shine)
    10 a.m. Park opens to public
    10 a.m. 5 p.m. Shuttles will run from Bryan Farm
    10 a.m. 7 p.m. Buffaloe Road closed to through traffic
    11 a.m. 4 p.m. Entertainment, crafts and inflatables
    12 noon Parade line-up (Buffaloe Road)
    2 3 p.m. Parade
    3 4 p.m. Concert

Inclement Weather
    In the event of thunderstorms during the Scotty homecoming, we have tentatively outlined the following to get people under safe shelter:

Lake Benson Park has 4 shelters and restrooms available.
    People can go to their vehicles.
    Shuttles will be called back to the Rosemoor entrance to take people to their cars or sit in until the storm passes.
    Lord of Life Lutheran Church on Buffaloe Road next to the park will be open as a shelter.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

I hate the thing he does with his face and eyes.

but I love the thing he does with his voice.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner View Post
    I hate the thing he does with his face and eyes.
    This is Scotty's first public exposure. Some coach will get hold of him down the line and work with him on what does not come across well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    but I love the thing he does with his voice.
    Besides the fact that he is the counterpart to the girl next door, he's Mom, apple pie, and what we like about America. This is what Scotty has going for him, especially when he goes down and grabs those low notes!

Although it is now almost oversung, it has become somewhat of an anthem for us since 9/11, and I would not have been surprised to have heard Scotty sing Proud to Be an American. To me, it would have fit right in with him as an inspiration song.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    Can you imagine if Haley held her microphone like Scotty does. This is exactly what would happen.
    Exactly! Something that seems so "trivial" to Scotty's performance, would seem like a huge problem if Haley were doing it.
    --
    ---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

The way Scotty holds a mic is trivial, to me. Could care less WHO does it. That goes for Haley or ANY of the contestants, as well. Doesnt' affect their singing or talent any. Trivial.
    Last edited by angelic_one2002; 05-14-2011 at 12:23 PM.

+ Reply to Thread