+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 57 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    Haha! I love that they've got a stop at the supermarket in there!

To the Point

Pure speculation here, just like most of the other post regarding these kids....I suspect that Scotty has been holding microphones that way for a while. The reason I say this is because since the other contestants mentioned it and then again, someone else before Gaga, he has made some effort to change the holding of the mic. I have noticed that he might start out with it in the proper position and then as he gets more into the song he tends to move back into the side hold. I have observed him go to the side and then appear to try to correct. It just looks as if it is a habit that wasn't just a part of his schtick for this show. Hopefully in time he will actually move totally away from this habit. Hopefully some good coaching and self awareness will help. If this is the case, habits are hard to break. We often do things a certain way w/o even being aware.

FORT Fan

Regarding Scotty's microphone position:

Let the kid hold the microphone any way he likes! It is obviously his schtick! If you don't like it, don't buy his music...but, frankly, you won't see his microphone then anyway! Just stay away from his concerts...

Looking like a slut is Lady Gaga's schtick -- tell HER to stop, or don't buy HER music either.

We all have choices. And that is awesome.

I was watching the first video submissions the contestants did in the very beginning earlier today. I think it's on the AI website.

Man, have they changed! Scotty especially changed. His hair was so short! I also noticed how much of a twist he had when he talks on the right side of his face. Sort of an Elvis curl of the lip. It's very noticeable in that interveiw. I have never noticed it that way on the show. I'll try to find the link. It dawned on me that maybe he holds the mike the way he does because of a neurological condition on one side of his body. I'm serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I also noticed how much of a twist he had when he talks on the right side of his face. Sort of an Elvis curl of the lip. It's very noticeable in that interveiw. I have never noticed it that way on the show. I'll try to find the link. It dawned on me that maybe he holds the mike the way he does because of a neurological condition on one side of his body. I'm serious.

Well, that certainly would be the most charitable explanation for it. Do you mean a Tourette's kinda thing? What do you think his actual diagnosis is? Hmmmm.....two neurologically impaired contestants on one show---Scotty and James could hold a special AI telethon for it after the show is over.
    --
    ---
    Last edited by pillbeam; 05-13-2011 at 04:51 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Well, that certainly would be the most charitable explanation for it. Do you mean a Tourette's kinda thing? What do you think his actual diagnosis is? Hmmmm.....two neurologically impaired contestants on one show---Scotty and James could hold a special AI telethon for it after the show is over.
    --
    ---
    No, I don't mean like Tourette's. I mean like if you favor one side of you body because you're wired that way. LOL I have looked everywhere for that video. I can't locate it. It looks like something he taped at home and sent in with an application or something. He talks about where he is from, how he started singing as a baby, etc. His hair is SUPER short, so I know it was done some time ago. They had one of Haley too. I just don't know how to pull it back up on that site. It's not in my history since we were looking on another person's computer and I can't reach her right now.

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    --
    ---
    What difference how the kid holds his microphone? All I care about is that I love his voice, he had hold the microphone any darn way he pleases.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    So folksy and comfortable = cheesy. That's an interesting take I must admit.
    Cheesy and corny are similar to me. Maybe I don't look at them quite the way you do?
    I am not particularly a country fan, but I have never gone out of my way to leave if something comes on the TV or the radio and I am around. In addition, I grew up with a Dad who used to talk about listening to the (old) Grand Ole Oprey.
    When I was young, I did watch HeeHaw. That is as corny as you can get, but I have fond memories of all of that.

I don't listen to country now, but it doesn't bother me, and I think that though those folks can give off some corny, cheesy jokes and remarks, (lyrics in their songs sometimes too), at the same time, they give off a vibe that they wouldn't mind if you just joined them in their living room and sat for a while - comfortable.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    What difference how the kid holds his microphone? All I care about is that I love his voice, he had hold the microphone any darn way he pleases.
    I like Scotty's singing a lot, but it is annoying to watch him because he's trying too hard to look cute and alluring and who-knows-what. Again, if Scotty were a girl, she would get crucified for tilting her head, holding the mic with two hands and propping up her eyebrows. She would be accused of trying to flirt. Well, it's no less acceptable in a guy. It just looks dopey and unprofessional. Scotty's a good, solid singer, but not good enough to overcome looking like a doofus onstage. He probably will win this contest, but there is no way his handlers will permit him to keep up the dumb stage antics on the road.
    --
    --
    Last edited by pillbeam; 05-13-2011 at 07:13 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Im with you, Misty8723. Who cares how Scotty holds the microphone!! That is SO trivial in the big picture of it all. As I've said many times before, he will be coached on all of his gestures and mannerisms. Many singers have different or their own mannerisms. Doesn't affect their singing at all.

+ Reply to Thread