+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 57 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

I'm pretty openminded, but many people I have spoken with today totally disliked Lady GaGa last night. THey thought she was inappropiate with the contestants and that she should not have put her hands on James. He is engaged or married right? He seemed to ignore her and seemed to blow her off.

I know there's been a lot with the Catholic Church and her, but most of the people I heard from were southern Baptists. Still, they don't appreciate GaGa's brand and think it was a poor choice.

I'm not so sure. I think she should have steered clear from the topic of making love with kids under 18, but did give some good advice.

I think she may have helped Scotty with info on mike holding and based on results, she inspired Lauren and Haley to do great jobs. So, there you go.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Scotty is cashier in the cheese only line.
    I have heard Scotty referred to as a cross between Howdy Doody and Alfred E. Newman which sounds like the worst kind of put down, but both of those characters are all American symbols just like Leave it to Beaver, apple pie, and the girl next door.
    He is a clean cut looking boy, and while he is not overtly hot and handsome, he is cute and he (what I have heard all my life ) "carries himself well."
    As parents, you never really can tell, but on the surface, Scotty is a boy that I would approve taking my daughter out on a date.

Scotty can be "cheesy". That will work better in the country music industry than it will in the pop industry.
    Scotty also has time to grow and to hone down the rough edges.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm pretty openminded, but many people I have spoken with today totally disliked Lady GaGa last night. THey thought she was inappropiate with the contestants and that she should not have put her hands on James. He is engaged or married right? He seemed to ignore her and seemed to blow her off.

I know there's been a lot with the Catholic Church and her, but most of the people I heard from were southern Baptists. Still, they don't appreciate GaGa's brand and think it was a poor choice.

I'm not so sure. I think she should have steered clear from the topic of making love with kids under 18, but did give some good advice.

I think she may have helped Scotty with info on mike holding and based on results, she inspired Lauren and Haley to do great jobs. So, there you go.
    I think Scotty is probably a Christian (he kissed his cross and the other song he sang) and has most likely not had his first sexual experience ( intimated from what he said) He is still so young. Lady Gaga sensed all of this and wanted to provoke him, thus she said the things she did to him ("opening him up", etc.).

I do wish, though, she had just been more plain and explicit with him about how to hold the microphone instead of trying to be sexually graphic because it went right over his head. All that happened was that she horribly embarrassed him, and he did not take from her what she was trying to get across to him about holding the mic.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Bloomers,

Where do you get the idea that cheesy works better in Country music. Please name some of those cheesy country artists that use cheesy to their advantage.

FORT Fanatic

I'm not the biggest of country fans, however, Scotty just has a special quality about him .....and that voice for 17 years old....is unbelievable....it is so deep and rich....I hope he wins it all.

P. S. Am I the only one who thinks he looks like Woody from Toy Story?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Bloomers,

Where do you get the idea that cheesy works better in Country music. Please name some of those cheesy country artists that use cheesy to their advantage.
    When I watch any kind of awards show or show at all of them on TV, they say and do some of the corniest things. Now mind you, that doesn't bother me! However, you don't get that kind of thing from the pop folks....their image isn't folksy and comfortable at all like that.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Some of the country stuff may be considered corny, but I think it's getting less and less like that since country has gone so mainstream. Did you catch Carrie Underwood and Steven Tyler performing Walk This Way at a country awards show recently? It was definitely outside the box from what people have considered traditional country.

Country is now bringing in people who have not been traditionally country to do duets and perform solo on their shows. Jason Aldine and Kelly Clarkson, Carrie and Steven Tyler, Kid Rock, Jennifer Hudson and others.

Loretta Lynn says it's great. She says there is room for everybody in country. She recorded a DVD with the band The White Stripes at their request. From what I have seen in interviews, I think we would be surprised of the influence country music has had on noncountry artists.

Robert Plant has totally embraced it as evidenced in his collaboration with Allison Krauss a couple of years ago. And I recently attended a concert of Robert Plant and The Band of Joy. Robert sang at least 5 gospel songs and played a washboard on one of them!!!!! Flipped me out. LOL It wasn't corny, though. Oh, he did some Zeppelin stuff too.
    Last edited by Debb70; 05-13-2011 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    When I watch any kind of awards show or show at all of them on TV, they say and do some of the corniest things. Now mind you, that doesn't bother me! However, you don't get that kind of thing from the pop folks....their image isn't folksy and comfortable at all like that.
    So folksy and comfortable = cheesy. That's an interesting take I must admit.

Debb70,

Jack White actually produced one of Loretta Lynn's recent albums.

I remember practicing speeches in front of a mirror. I wonder if Scotty would consider practicing his songs in front of a mirror? Or maybe just watching the shows. Or maybe I'm the only one who CAN NOT STAND to watch this boy sing another note. His voice is fine, good actually, but the goofy faces and holding that damn microphone the way he does... well, I just can't watch him.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread