+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 57 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Scotty showed how ultimately cheesy he could be with that last performance & if we just saw 2 sides of a Scotty concert, then my money will never leave my wallet to go see him live. Scotty McDreary...

FORT Fogey

Objectively speaking, he had to choose one of these composers' songs. The contestants are highly criticized if they don't show "another side" to themselves, so what song should he have shown, and what kind of side could he have shown? He was a bit boxed in.

Realistically, 17 year- old boys usually are a little dorky...
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

I think Scotty did well last night, although, I didn't like either song. Just so so. I hope he can hang in there. And yes, RAIN is predicted for Saturday. Too bad.

I liked Scotty's first song. I still think he has the most natural stage presence of anyone there. He appears so comfortable on stage, and enjoys what he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I liked Scotty's first song. I still think he has the most natural stage presence of anyone there. He appears so comfortable on stage, and enjoys what he's doing.
    This is true. I am rooting for him to win it all, even though I really admire the others. I loved Haley's second performance, James' first and Lauren's first. I didn't care for the rest.

I thought the things he said about Lady GaGa were funny. Didn't they tell her the ages of him and Lauren? LOL

Just a bit of trivia for you.

The girl that played fiddle for Scotty during his first performance is named Megan Mullins. She plays absolutely every thing, is classically trained Suzuki viloinist, & was born with perfect pitch. 3 years ago during CMA Music Fest she was voted best fiddle player of the week & this was on a week when Charley Daniels opened the weeks proceedings. During her performance she announced that most Country fans would expect to see classical music during a Country show & she proceeded to do just that & then the band joined her & the song morphed into a downright rocking bluegrass romp. It was fabulous. She gave her first performance at the ripe old age of 3.

She tells the story of being 5 years old & going to a music store with her Mom. While the store person was waiting on the Mom, Megan wandered off & started messing with all the instruments on the wall. The store guy told her Mom to make her stop. Her Mom told the guy to leave Megan alone, she was in fact tuning every instrument in the store with nothing but her ears as a guide. This woman is a true artist & may indeed be the best multi instrumentalist in Nashville.

Wow, Razorback. That's amazing! Thanks for the info.

By the way, I'm searching for a vocal coach for my nephew who will go out for AI in a couple of years, if it's still on. I have done some research and it's very important. ANy advice would be appreciated. Please PM if you have any.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Just a bit of trivia for you.

The girl that played fiddle for Scotty during his first performance is named Megan Mullins. She plays absolutely every thing, is classically trained Suzuki viloinist, & was born with perfect pitch. 3 years ago during CMA Music Fest she was voted best fiddle player of the week & this was on a week when Charley Daniels opened the weeks proceedings.
    I saw her a couple of years ago with Patti Lovelace. She is a great fiddle player - much better than the other fiddler they've had on the show who likes to strike poses and has a tinny sounding fiddle.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post

Agree. That is his strong point. He does not have the voice that so many others did ( who have already gone ). He has stage presence and is just so cute. Singing his second silly song yesterday, he makes his fans smile as soon as he appears. That is why he has stayed as long as he has.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Scotty showed how ultimately cheesy he could be with that last performance & if we just saw 2 sides of a Scotty concert, then my money will never leave my wallet to go see him live. Scotty McDreary...
    Long live cheese! I'm glad I'm not so sophisticated I can't enjoy a little bit of fun now and then.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

+ Reply to Thread